Matthias B Donelan
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Nailfold reconstruction for correction of burn fingernail deformityMatthias B Donelan
Shriners Burns Hospital, Boston, Mass 02114 2696, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:2303-8; discussion 2309. 2006..The important concept, however, is that in many cases the complex structure of the nailfold is not destroyed by the injury but is only displaced by the proximal contracture...
- Purse-string closure of scalp defects following tissue expansion: an effective aesthetic alternativeMatthias B Donelan
Division of Plastic Surgery, Shriners Burns Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114 2696, USA
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:419-22. 2008..This scalp reconstructive technique minimises iatrogenic scars and uses the predictable forces of scar contracture and skin re-draping to achieve a superior aesthetic result...
- Pulsed dye laser therapy and z-plasty for facial burn scars: the alternative to excisionMatthias B Donelan
Division of Plastic Surgery, Shriners Burn Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Ann Plast Surg 60:480-6. 2008..No scars required excision in this cohort of 57 patients. The PDL should become an integral part of the management of facial burn scarring and will significantly decrease the need for excisional surgery...
- Pediatric burn-related scalp alopecia treated with tissue expansion and the incidence of associated facial burn injuriesEmily B Ridgway
Division of Plastic Surgery, Shriner s Hospital for Children, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Burn Care Res 31:409-13. 2010..It is our belief that the stages of tissue expansion surgery can be combined with the reconstruction of associated burn injuries sometimes using the region of expected alopecia excision...
- Pulsed dye laser in burn scars: current concepts and future directionsBrian M Parrett
Division of Plastic Surgery, Shriners Burns Hospital, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
Burns 36:443-9. 2010..The PDL should become an integral part of the management of burn scarring and will significantly decrease the need for excisional surgery...
- Pursestring thigh lift: direct approach for a problematic deformityJesus A Garcia
Division of Plastic Surgery, Shriners Burns Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Plast Surg 57:330-2. 2006..In properly selected patients, the pursestring thigh-lift can provide a superior esthetic result...
- Nasal reconstruction after severe facial burns using a local turndown flapHelena O B Taylor
Division of Plastic Surgery, Shriner s Burn Hospital for Children and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Plast Surg 62:175-9. 2009..The resulting nasal reconstruction blends well into the surrounding facial appearance. This simple technique has been remarkably successful in this selected group of patients with challenging nasal deformities...