C P Doherty
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Surgery for temporal-lobe epilepsyColin P Doherty
N Engl J Med 346:292-5. 2002
- Prolonged rote learning produces delayed memory facilitation and metabolic changes in the hippocampus of the ageing human brainRichard Ap Roche
School of Psychology and Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience, University of Dublin, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
BMC Neurosci 10:136. 2009..In addition, proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-MRS) was used to measure metabolite levels in seven voxels of interest (VOIs) (including hippocampus) before and after learning...
- Question/statement judgments: an fMRI study of intonation processingColin P Doherty
Neuropsychology Laboratory and MGH MIT HMS Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 23:85-98. 2004..The study provides data relevant to the location of regions responsive to intonationally marked illocutionary differences between questions and statements...
- Rapid stereological quantitation of temporal neocortex in TLEColin P Doherty
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland
Magn Reson Imaging 21:511-8. 2003..The results support the notion that abnormalities may be overlooked by current standards of routine magnetic resonance imaging...
- Accuracy and validity of stereology as a quantitative method for assessment of human temporal lobe volumes acquired by magnetic resonance imagingC P Doherty
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Wang ACC 835, 32 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 18:1017-25. 2000..This has broad implications for published estimates of brain region volumes in human diseases such as epilepsy, dementia and other neurodegenerative disorders...
- Radiological determination of the posterior limits of the temporal lobe for volumetric analysisC P Doherty
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Brain Res Brain Res Protoc 4:1-10. 1999....
- Multimodal longitudinal imaging of focal status epilepticusColin P Doherty
Epilepsy Service, Neurology Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Can J Neurol Sci 31:276-81. 2004..Increased flow through large vessels appeared to be shunted and did not translate into increased microvascular perfusion...
- Quantitative MRI: a reliable protocol for measurement of cerebral gyrification using stereologyLisa Ronan
Department of Neurophysics, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland
Magn Reson Imaging 24:265-72. 2006..We also conduct a series of inter- and intrarater repeatability tests based on 20 normal brains, which demonstrated the reliability and robustness of stereological techniques...
- A multicenter study of BRD2 as a risk factor for juvenile myoclonic epilepsyGianpiero L Cavalleri
The Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
Epilepsia 48:706-12. 2007..Here we examine the association between the candidate causal SNP (the promoter variant rs3918149) and JME in five independent cohorts comprising in total 531 JME cases and 1,390 healthy controls...
- Multicentre search for genetic susceptibility loci in sporadic epilepsy syndrome and seizure types: a case-control studyGianpiero L Cavalleri
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences and Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Research Institute, and Division of Neurology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Lancet Neurol 6:970-80. 2007..The Epilepsy Genetics (EPIGEN) Consortium was established to undertake genetic mapping analyses with augmented statistical power to detect variants that influence the development and treatment of common forms of epilepsy...