Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Urgent care centers in the U.S.: Findings from a national surveyRobin M Weinick
RAND, Arlington, Virginia, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 9:79. 2009..As the health care system evolves to cope with expanding demands in the face of limited resources, it is unclear how patients with episodic care needs will be treated, and what role urgent care centers will play in their care...
- Activities, productivity, and compensation of men and women in the life sciencesCatherine M DesRoches
The Mongan Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Acad Med 85:631-9. 2010..The authors undertook this study because previous studies found differences in the academic experiences of women and men...
- Electronic health records in ambulatory care--a national survey of physiciansCatherine M DesRoches
Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 359:50-60. 2008..This study assessed physicians' adoption of outpatient electronic health records, their satisfaction with such systems, the perceived effect of the systems on the quality of care, and the perceived barriers to adoption...
- Differences between integrated and stand-alone E-prescribing systems have implications for future useCatherine M DesRoches
Mongan Institute for Health Policy, Partners HealthCare, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:2268-77. 2010..Because many stand-alone systems cannot meet meaningful-use requirements, there is likely to be a shift toward integrated systems...
- Registered nurses' use of electronic health records: findings from a national surveyCatherine DesRoches
Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Institute for Health Policy, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Medscape J Med 10:164. 2008....
- Physicians' perceptions, preparedness for reporting, and experiences related to impaired and incompetent colleaguesCatherine M DesRoches
Mongan Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Staniford St, Ste 900, Boston, MA 02114, USA
JAMA 304:187-93. 2010..Peer monitoring and reporting are the primary mechanisms for identifying physicians who are impaired or otherwise incompetent to practice, but data suggest that the rate of such reporting is lower than it should be...
- Electronic health records' limited successes suggest more targeted usesCatherine M DesRoches
Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, in Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:639-46. 2010..Instead, policies are needed that encourage the use of electronic health records in ways that will lead to improvements in care...
- How common are electronic health records in the United States? A summary of the evidenceAshish K Jha
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:w496-507. 2006..Large gaps in knowledge, including information about EHR use among safety-net providers, pose critical challenges for the development of policies aimed at speeding adoption...
- Systems model of physician professionalism in practiceBarrett T Kitch
Mongan Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 19:1-10. 2013....
- Progress toward meaningful use: hospitals' adoption of electronic health recordsAshish K Jha
Harvard School of Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Management, 677 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115 6096, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:SP117-24. 2011..To update the status of electronic health record (EHR) adoption in US hospitals and assess their readiness for "Meaningful Use" (MU)...
- Health policy thoughtleaders' views of the health workforce in an era of health reformKaren Donelan
Mongan Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Nurs Outlook 58:175-80. 2010..This study highlights a critical gap in effective policy advocacy and leadership to advance nurse workforce issues higher on the national health agenda...
- Caregiving in the post-hospitalization period: findings from a national surveyCatherine DesRoches
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Nurs Econ 20:216-21, 224. 2002
- Public perceptions of nursing careers: the influence of the media and nursing shortagesKaren Donelan
Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Nurs Econ 26:143-50, 165. 2008....