Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Lung transplantation at the turn of the centuryD L DeMeo
Pulmonary and Critical Care Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Annu Rev Med 52:185-201. 2001..However, ongoing advances in immune tolerance and standardized training of physicians in the care of transplant patients should carry lung transplant forward in the twenty-first century...
- The SERPINE2 gene is associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseDawn DeMeo
Channing Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 3:502. 2006
- A new powerful non-parametric two-stage approach for testing multiple phenotypes in family-based association studiesChristoph Lange
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Hum Hered 56:10-7. 2003..The practical importance of our testing strategy is illustrated by applications to the Childhood Asthma Management Program asthma data sets...
- Lung volumes and emphysema in smokers with interstitial lung abnormalitiesGeorge R Washko
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 364:897-906. 2011..Cigarette smoking is associated with emphysema and radiographic interstitial lung abnormalities. The degree to which interstitial lung abnormalities are associated with reduced total lung capacity and the extent of emphysema is not known...
- Epidemiology, radiology, and genetics of nicotine dependence in COPDDeog Kyeom Kim
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Respir Res 12:9. 2011..This study was performed to elucidate the relationship between nicotine dependence, genetic susceptibility to nicotine dependence, and volumetric CT findings in smokers...
- Using the noninformative families in family-based association tests: a powerful new testing strategyChristoph Lange
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 73:801-11. 2003....
- Genome-wide association study of smoking behaviours in patients with COPDMateusz Siedlinski
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Thorax 66:894-902. 2011..Associations of CHRNA3/CHRNA5 and CYP2A6 loci with CPD and DBH with smoking cessation are also likely of importance in the smoking behaviours of patients with COPD...
- Allergen sensitization is associated with increased DNA methylation in older menJoanne E Sordillo
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Mass, USA
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 161:37-43. 2013..Future work is needed to identify potential underlying mechanisms for these relationships...