Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Racial disparities in intensity of care at the end-of-life: are trauma patients the same as the rest?Zara Cooper
Department of Surgery and the Center for Surgery and Public Health, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:857-74. 2012..Medicare data show Blacks and Hispanics use more health care resources in the last six months of life than Whites. We sought to determine if similar differences exist in trauma patients who died following moderate to severe injury...
- Withdrawal of life-sustaining therapy in injured patients: variations between trauma centers and nontrauma centersZara Cooper
Division of Trauma, Burns, and Critical Care, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Trauma 66:1327-35. 2009..We sought to identify patient and institutional variables predictive of a withdrawal of care order (WOCO) in trauma patients. We hypothesized that the frequency of WOCO would be higher at trauma centers...
- Identifying survivors with traumatic craniocervical dissociation: a retrospective studyZara Cooper
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Medical Center, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Surg Res 160:3-8. 2010..Our aim was to identify survivors of CCD based on clinical presentation...
- Resident education and management of end-of-life care: the resident's perspectiveZara Cooper
Center for Surgery and the Public Health, Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Surg Educ 67:79-84. 2010..We surveyed surgical residents to learn their perspectives and training experience with discussing end-of-life care and WWLST with patients...
- Utilization of arterial blood gas measurements in a large tertiary care hospitalStacy E F Melanson
The Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 127:604-9. 2007..Implementation of practice guidelines may prove useful in controlling test utilization and in decreasing costs...