Mark F Conrad
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Corey M, Ergul E, Cambria R, Patel V, Lancaster R, Kwolek C, et al. The presentation and management of aneurysms of the pancreaticoduodenal arcade. J Vasc Surg. 2016;64:1734-1740 pubmed publisher..Despite the concordant celiac axis obstruction and concern for maintenance of hepatic circulation, endovascular repair of these aneurysms is generally successful and should be considered as the initial operative approach. ..
- Corey M, Ergul E, Cambria R, English S, Patel V, Lancaster R, et al. The natural history of splanchnic artery aneurysms and outcomes after operative intervention. J Vasc Surg. 2016;63:949-57 pubmed publisher..Imaging every 3Â years for small SAAs is adequate. Aneurysms of the pancreaticoduodenal arcade and gastroduodenalÂ aneurysms are more likely to rupture and therefore warrant a more aggressive interventional approach. ..
- Conrad M, Crawford R, Kwolek C, Brewster D, Brady T, Cambria R. Aortic remodeling after endovascular repair of acute complicated type B aortic dissection. J Vasc Surg. 2009;50:510-7 pubmed publisher..Because continued false lumen patency correlates strongly with late aneurysm formation, such favorable remodeling is considered a surrogate for prevention of late aneurysm, but longer follow-up is required. ..
- Conrad M, Boulom V, Baloum V, Mukhopadhyay S, Garg A, Patel V, et al. Progression of asymptomatic carotid stenosis despite optimal medical therapy. J Vasc Surg. 2013;58:128-35.e1 pubmed publisher..37; CI, 0.22-0.65; P = .0005) was protective against symptom development. At the 5-year of follow-up, OMT failed to prevent carotid disease progression or development of ipsilateral symptoms in 45% of patients with AMCAS. ..
- Conrad M, Ergul E, Patel V, Cambria M, LaMuraglia G, Simon M, et al. Evolution of operative strategies in open thoracoabdominal aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg. 2011;53:1195-1201.e1 pubmed publisher..DAP with MEP is the preferred operative strategy for extent I to III TAA repair. ..
- Schwartz S, Durham C, Clouse W, Patel V, Lancaster R, Cambria R, et al. Predictors of late aortic intervention in patients with medically treated type B aortic dissection. J Vasc Surg. 2018;67:78-84 pubmed publisher..A variety of readily available anatomic features can predict the need for eventual operative intervention in TBAD; accordingly, these parameters can guide the desirability of early TEVAR. ..
- Conrad M, Kang J, Cambria R, Brewster D, Watkins M, Kwolek C, et al. Infrapopliteal balloon angioplasty for the treatment of chronic occlusive disease. J Vasc Surg. 2009;50:799-805.e4 pubmed publisher..Secondary interventions may be necessary to maintain clinical success. These data indicate that PTA should be considered as initial therapy for infrapopliteal occlusive disease in patients with lower extremity ischemia. ..
- Conrad M, Tuchek J, Freezor R, Bavaria J, White R, Fairman R. Results of the VALOR II trial of the Medtronic Valiant Thoracic Stent Graft. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:335-342 pubmed publisher..The VALOR II 5-year results demonstrate that the reintervention and aneurysm-related death rates are low. The Valiant Thoracic Stent Graft is an effective treatment of degenerative DTA. ..
- Saraidaridis J, Ergul E, Clouse W, Patel V, Cambria R, Conrad M. The Natural History and Outcomes of Endovascular Therapy for Claudication. Ann Vasc Surg. 2017;44:34-40 pubmed publisher..The presence of a TASC C/D lesion was predictive of failure of endovascular therapy, and surgical bypass should be considered in these patients. ..