Jamie E Collins
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Cumulative incidence of ACL reconstruction after ACL injury in adults: role of age, sex, and raceJamie E Collins
Orthopedics and Arthritis Center for Outcomes Research, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Sports Med 41:544-9. 2013..Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries are common and potentially disabling and frequently prompt surgical reconstruction. The utilization of ACL reconstruction among ACL-injured patients has not been examined rigorously...
- Estimating the burden of total knee replacement in the United StatesAlexander M Weinstein
Orthopaedic and Arthritis Center for Outcomes Research, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:385-92. 2013..We are aware of no current estimates of the prevalence of total knee replacement among adults in the U.S...
- Outcomes of open carpal tunnel release at a minimum of ten yearsDexter L Louie
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:1067-73. 2013..There is little research on the long-term outcomes of open carpal tunnel release. The purpose of this retrospective study was to determine the functional and symptomatic outcomes of patients at a minimum of ten years postoperatively...
- Acceptability of fingerstick versus oral fluid rapid HIV testing: results from the universal screening for HIV infection in the emergency room (USHER Phase II) randomized controlled trialLaurel A Donnell-Fink
Division of Infectious Disease, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 61:588-92. 2012..Patient preference for oral rapid HIV testing compared with more invasive whole blood fingerstick may influence the acceptance of rapid HIV testing...
- Obesity & hypertension are determinants of poor hemodynamic control during total joint arthroplasty: a retrospective reviewBenedict U Nwachukwu
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:20. 2013..There is poor understanding of the pre-operative risk factors for poor intra-operative hemodynamic control. The purpose of this study is to identify risk factors for poor hemodynamic control during TJA...
- Reliability of medical record abstraction by non-physicians for orthopedic researchMichael Y Mi
Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:181. 2013..Furthermore, because medical record review is both technically demanding and time intensive, it is important to establish whether trained research staff with no clinical training can abstract medical records reliably...
- Clinical outcome of metastatic spinal cord compression treated with surgical excision ± radiation versus radiation therapy alone: a systematic review of literatureJaehon M Kim
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:78-84. 2012..Systematic literature review from 1970 to 2007...