Jamie E Collins
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Trajectories and risk profiles of pain in persons with radiographic, symptomatic knee osteoarthritis: data from the osteoarthritis initiativeJ E Collins
Orthopaedic and Arthritis Center for Outcomes Research, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA Electronic address
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 22:622-30. 2014..Little is known about the temporal evolution of pain severity in persons with knee osteoarthritis (OA). We sought to describe the pain trajectory over 6 years in a cohort of subjects with radiographic, symptomatic knee OA...
- Cumulative incidence of ACL reconstruction after ACL injury in adults: role of age, sex, and raceJamie E Collins
Orthopedics and Arthritis Center for Outcomes Research, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Sports Med 41:544-9. 2013..Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries are common and potentially disabling and frequently prompt surgical reconstruction. The utilization of ACL reconstruction among ACL-injured patients has not been examined rigorously...
- The AViKA (Adding Value in Knee Arthroplasty) postoperative care navigation trial: rationale and design featuresElena Losina
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:290. 2013..Our objective was to design a randomized controlled trial to establish the efficacy of a motivational-interviewing-based telephone intervention aimed at improving patient outcomes and satisfaction following total knee arthroplasty...
- Participation in physical activity in patients 1-4 years post total joint replacement in the Dominican RepublicScott A Elman
Orthopedic and Arthritis Center for Outcomes Research, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 15:207. 2014..This study evaluates the amount of postoperative participation in PA in low-income patients who received total joint replacement in the Dominican Republic and identifies preoperative predictors of postoperative PA level...
- A comparison of patient-reported and measured range of motion in a cohort of total knee arthroplasty patientsJamie E Collins
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts
J Arthroplasty 29:1378-1382.e1. 2014..001). We dichotomized flexion at 90° and found that self-report had a specificity of 94% and sensitivity of 65%. We conclude that patient-reported ROM may be a useful outcome measure for TKA. ..
- Estimating the burden of total knee replacement in the United StatesAlexander M Weinstein
Orthopaedic and Arthritis Center for Outcomes Research, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:385-92. 2013..We are aware of no current estimates of the prevalence of total knee replacement among adults in the U.S...
- Outcomes of open carpal tunnel release at a minimum of ten yearsDexter L Louie
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:1067-73. 2013..There is little research on the long-term outcomes of open carpal tunnel release. The purpose of this retrospective study was to determine the functional and symptomatic outcomes of patients at a minimum of ten years postoperatively...
- Reliability of medical record abstraction by non-physicians for orthopedic researchMichael Y Mi
Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:181. 2013..Furthermore, because medical record review is both technically demanding and time intensive, it is important to establish whether trained research staff with no clinical training can abstract medical records reliably...
- Associations between preoperative functional status and functional outcomes of total joint replacement in the Dominican RepublicKyle E Dempsey
Harvard Medical School, MS2, 107 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Vanderbilt Box 040, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 52:1802-8. 2013..However, those with better preoperative scores achieve the best postoperative functional outcomes. We determined whether similar associations exist in a developing country...
- Acceptability of fingerstick versus oral fluid rapid HIV testing: results from the universal screening for HIV infection in the emergency room (USHER Phase II) randomized controlled trialLaurel A Donnell-Fink
Division of Infectious Disease, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 61:588-92. 2012..Patient preference for oral rapid HIV testing compared with more invasive whole blood fingerstick may influence the acceptance of rapid HIV testing...
- Obesity & hypertension are determinants of poor hemodynamic control during total joint arthroplasty: a retrospective reviewBenedict U Nwachukwu
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:20. 2013..There is poor understanding of the pre-operative risk factors for poor intra-operative hemodynamic control. The purpose of this study is to identify risk factors for poor hemodynamic control during TJA...
- Development and validation of a Spanish translation of the Yale activity questionnaireJeffrey N Katz
Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, BC 4 016, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 15:120. 2014..The objective of this study was to develop a Spanish translation of the Yale Physical Activity Survey, and to provide preliminary evidence of its validity in a population of Dominican patients with lower extremity arthritis...
- Clinical outcome of metastatic spinal cord compression treated with surgical excision ± radiation versus radiation therapy alone: a systematic review of literatureJaehon M Kim
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:78-84. 2012..Systematic literature review from 1970 to 2007...