Amanda Bulette Coakley
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Energy therapies in oncology nursingAmanda Bulette Coakley
Founders House 345, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 01720, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 28:55-63. 2012..To review the published research related to the interventions of Reiki, Therapeutic Touch, and Healing Touch representing energy therapies in relation to oncology nursing...
- A fellowship program preparing students for employment as new graduate nurses in oncology nursingAmanda Bulette Coakley
Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
Creat Nurs 15:46-52. 2009....
- Creating a therapeutic and healing environment with a pet therapy programAmanda Bulette Coakley
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Complement Ther Clin Pract 15:141-6. 2009..There is a need for theoretically-based, empirically supported nursing interventions to create a therapeutic and healing environment that decrease stress and improve patients' experiences...
- The effect of therapeutic touch on postoperative patientsAmanda Bulette Coakley
Yvonne L Munn Center for Nursing Research, USA
J Holist Nurs 28:193-200. 2010..It is unclear if there is an impact of TT on biobehavioral markers such as cortisol and natural killer cells (NKCs). There is some preliminary evidence that suggests relaxation may have positive effects on the immune system...
- Exploring the sleep experience of hospitalized adult patientsTodd Hultman
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Creat Nurs 18:135-9. 2012..Data was analyzed by content analysis; three themes emerged from the data. The findings from this pilot study will lead to further research in nursing practice as it relates to supporting sleep and rest in hospitalized patients...