Patrick R Buckley
Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Inductively heated shape memory polymer for the magnetic actuation of medical devicesPatrick R Buckley
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94550, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:2075-83. 2006..Rapid and uniform heating was achieved in complex device geometries and particle loading up to 10% volume content did not interfere with the shape recovery of the SMP...
- Prototype laser-activated shape memory polymer foam device for embolic treatment of aneurysmsDuncan J Maitland
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Applied Physics and Biophysics Division, Livermore, California 94550, USA
J Biomed Opt 12:030504. 2007..Data acquired in an in vitro basilar aneurysm model with and without flow showed successful treatment, with the flow rate affecting foam expansion and the temperature at the aneurysm wall...
- Prototype fabrication and preliminary in vitro testing of a shape memory endovascular thrombectomy deviceWard Small
Medical Physics and Biophysics Division, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 7000 East Avenue, L 211, Livermore, CA 94550, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:1657-66. 2007..This shape memory mechanical thrombectomy device is a promising tool for treating ischemic stroke without the need for infusion of clot-dissolving drugs...
- Fabrication and characterization of cylindrical light diffusers comprised of shape memory polymerWard Small
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 7000 East Avenue, L 211, Livermore, California 94550, USA
J Biomed Opt 13:024018. 2008..These devices are suitable for various endoluminal and interstitial biomedical applications...
- Shape memory polymer stent with expandable foam: a new concept for endovascular embolization of fusiform aneurysmsWard Small
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 7000 East Avenue, L 211, Livermore, CA 94550 USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:1157-60. 2007..The shape memory polymer stent-foam device is a potential tool for treatment of nonnecked fusiform aneurysms, as well as an alternative to stent- and balloon-assisted coil embolization of wide-necked aneurysms...