Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Motor cortical networks for skilled movements have dynamic properties that are related to accurate reachingDavid F Putrino
Neuroscience Statistics Research Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Neural Plast 2011:413543. 2011..The results of this study indicate that reach-related neurons in MI form dynamic spiking dependencies whose temporal features are highly sensitive to unforced movement errors...
- Awakened by a sleeping pillOluwaseun Akeju
Oluwaseun Akeju is at the Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, United States
elife 2:e01658. 2013..Characteristic changes in brain activity accompany the paradoxical increase in alertness observed in some patients with severe brain injury when they are treated with the sleeping pill zolpidem. ..
- The aging brain and anesthesiaEmery N Brown
Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 26:414-9. 2013..To review the neurophysiology and neuroanatomy of normal aging and the recent recommendations for the clinical management of general anesthesia and sedation in the elderly...
- General anesthesia and altered states of arousal: a systems neuroscience analysisEmery N Brown
Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Annu Rev Neurosci 34:601-28. 2011..Each altered arousal state results from the anesthetic drugs acting at multiple targets in the central nervous system. Our analysis shows that general anesthesia is less mysterious than currently believed...
- Encoding through patterns: regression tree-based neuronal population modelsRobert Haslinger
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Neural Comput 25:1953-93. 2013..The agnostic nature of our clustering approach allows us to investigate encoding by the collective statistics that are actually present rather than those (such as pairwise) that might be presumed...
- STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF HUMAN CIRCADIAN RHYTHMSEmery Brown; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Statistical Modeling of Functional MRI SignalsEmery Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Dynamic Signal Processing Analyses of Neural PlasticityEmery Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF HIPPOCAMPAL INFORMATION ENCODINGEmery Brown; Fiscal Year: 2008..More accurate characterizations of neuronal dynamics may also lead to more physiologically-sound approaches to creating machine-brain interfaces and designing neural prosthetic devices. ..
- Dynamic Analyses of Learning in Behavioral ExperimentsEmery Brown; Fiscal Year: 2009....