Priscilla K Brastianos
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Primary central nervous system lymphoma: overview of current treatment strategiesPriscilla K Brastianos
Stephen E and Catherine Pappas Center for Neuro Oncology, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 26:897-916. 2012..The standard treatment is a methotrexate-containing chemotherapy regimen. The timing and dose of whole-brain radiation therapy is controversial, given the significant risks of late neurotoxic effects, particularly in elderly patients...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor inhibitors in malignant gliomasPriscilla K Brastianos
Stephen E and Catherine Pappas Center for Neuro Oncology, Department of Neurology, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA, USA
Target Oncol 5:167-74. 2010..Unfortunately, antiangiogenic treatment inevitably fails in most patients. Further studies are needed to understand the molecular pathways that enable a tumor to evade antiangiogenic therapy...
- The toxicity of intrathecal bevacizumab in a rabbit model of leptomeningeal carcinomatosisPriscilla K Brastianos
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Smith 353, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Neurooncol 106:81-8. 2012..This neurotoxicity study provides safety data to allow phase I/II studies in humans with treatment refractory LC...
- Genomic analysis of diffuse pediatric low-grade gliomas identifies recurrent oncogenic truncating rearrangements in the transcription factor MYBL1Lori A Ramkissoon
Departments of Medical Oncology, Cancer Biology, and Pediatric Oncology, Center for Cancer Genome Discovery, and Center for Molecular Oncologic Pathology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:8188-93. 2013..Our results define clinically relevant molecular subclasses of diffuse PLGGs and highlight a potential role for the MYB family in the biology of low-grade gliomas...
- VEGF inhibitors in brain tumorsPriscilla K Brastianos
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Brigham and Women s Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, 02114, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 7:753-60, 768. 2009..Unfortunately, treatment inevitably fails. Further studies are needed to understand mechanisms of tumor resistance and to identify other therapeutic targets that mediate angiogenesis...
- Genomic sequencing of meningiomas identifies oncogenic SMO and AKT1 mutationsPriscilla K Brastianos
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 45:285-9. 2013..These mutations were present in therapeutically challenging tumors of the skull base and higher grade. These results begin to define the spectrum of genetic alterations in meningiomas and identify potential therapeutic targets...