Christina P C Borba
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- A qualitative study examining the perceived barriers and facilitators to medical healthcare services among women with a serious mental illnessChristina P C Borba
Rollins School of Public Health, Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Womens Health Issues 22:e217-24. 2012..This qualitative study investigates the barriers and facilitators to accessing and utilizing healthcare services among women with a serious mental illness (SMI)...
- A day in the life of women with a serious mental illness: a qualitative investigationChristina P C Borba
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Womens Health Issues 21:286-92. 2011..This qualitative study of women with an SMI describes and interprets women's experiences and provides a new understanding about the nature and needs of these women...
- Placebo-controlled pilot study of ramelteon for adiposity and lipids in patients with schizophreniaChristina P C Borba
Schizophrenia Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 31:653-8. 2011..We now report a randomized placebo-controlled pilot study to examine the effects of ramelteon on obesity and metabolic disturbances among subjects with schizophrenia...
- Effects of modafinil on weight, glucose and lipid metabolism in clozapine-treated patients with schizophreniaDavid C Henderson
Massachusetts General Hospital Schizophrenia Program, 25 Staniford Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Schizophr Res 130:53-6. 2011..Modafinil has been proposed as a treatment for clozapine-induced sedation and metabolic abnormalities...
- Waist circumference is the best anthropometric predictor for insulin resistance in nondiabetic patients with schizophrenia treated with clozapine but not olanzapineDavid C Henderson
Schizophrenia Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 15:251-61. 2009....
- Correlates of support for living donation among African American adultsDana H Z Robinson
Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Prog Transplant 19:244-51. 2009..Examination of barriers to living donation can lead to effective strategies to educate dialysis patients and their families about this alternative...
- Capacity building in global mental health: professional trainingGregory L Fricchione
Harvard Medical School and Pierce Global Division, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 20:47-57. 2012..In sum, this article discusses human capacity building in global mental health, provides recommendations for training, and offers examples of recent initiatives...
- Open-label pilot study on vitamin D3 supplementation for antipsychotic-associated metabolic anomaliesNeelam Thakurathi
aSchizophrenia Clinical and Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital bHarvard Medical School cBeth Israel Deaconess Medical Center dPublic Psychiatry Division, Massachusetts Mental Health Center eDepartment of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston fDepartment of Mathematics and Computer Science, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 28:275-82. 2013....