Christina P C Borba
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- A qualitative study examining the perceived barriers and facilitators to medical healthcare services among women with a serious mental illnessChristina P C Borba
Rollins School of Public Health, Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Womens Health Issues 22:e217-24. 2012..This qualitative study investigates the barriers and facilitators to accessing and utilizing healthcare services among women with a serious mental illness (SMI)...
- A day in the life of women with a serious mental illness: a qualitative investigationChristina P C Borba
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Womens Health Issues 21:286-92. 2011..This qualitative study of women with an SMI describes and interprets women's experiences and provides a new understanding about the nature and needs of these women...
- Placebo-controlled pilot study of ramelteon for adiposity and lipids in patients with schizophreniaChristina P C Borba
Schizophrenia Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 31:653-8. 2011..We now report a randomized placebo-controlled pilot study to examine the effects of ramelteon on obesity and metabolic disturbances among subjects with schizophrenia...
- Effects of modafinil on weight, glucose and lipid metabolism in clozapine-treated patients with schizophreniaDavid C Henderson
Massachusetts General Hospital Schizophrenia Program, 25 Staniford Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Schizophr Res 130:53-6. 2011..Modafinil has been proposed as a treatment for clozapine-induced sedation and metabolic abnormalities...
- Waist circumference is the best anthropometric predictor for insulin resistance in nondiabetic patients with schizophrenia treated with clozapine but not olanzapineDavid C Henderson
Schizophrenia Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 15:251-61. 2009....
- Open-label pilot study on vitamin D₃ supplementation for antipsychotic-associated metabolic anomaliesNeelam Thakurathi
Schizophrenia Clinical and Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 28:275-82. 2013....
- Correlates of support for living donation among African American adultsDana H Z Robinson
Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Prog Transplant 19:244-51. 2009..Examination of barriers to living donation can lead to effective strategies to educate dialysis patients and their families about this alternative...
- Capacity building in global mental health: professional trainingGregory L Fricchione
Harvard Medical School and Pierce Global Division, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 20:47-57. 2012..In sum, this article discusses human capacity building in global mental health, provides recommendations for training, and offers examples of recent initiatives...