Aaron J Blashill
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Psychosocial correlates of frequent indoor tanning among adolescent boysAaron J Blashill
Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Body Image 10:259-62. 2013..Skin cancer prevention interventions may benefit from adopting approaches that integrate the treatment of body dissatisfaction and subsequent maladaptive behaviors...
- Body mass index, depression and sexual transmission risk behaviors among HIV-positive MSMAaron J Blashill
Massachusettes General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 1 Bowdoin Sq, 7th Floor, Boston, MA, 02114, USA
AIDS Behav 16:2251-6. 2012..Elevated levels of depression were only associated with SDUAI for underweight participants. These findings suggest that underweight, depressed HIV-positive MSM may be particularly likely to engage in SDUAI...
- Appearance concerns and psychological distress among HIV-infected individuals with injection drug use histories: prospective analysesAaron J Blashill
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 26:557-61. 2012..Appearance concerns among depressed, IDU, HIV-infected individuals are associated with changes in psychological distress. Psychosocial interventions should consider the role of appearance as it relates to psychological functioning...
- Effects of gender-related domain violations and sexual orientation on perceptions of male and female targets: an analogue studyAaron J Blashill
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, 1 Bowdoin Sq, 7th Floor, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Sex Behav 41:1293-302. 2012..These findings suggest a nuanced approach for understanding sexual prejudice, which incorporates a complex relationship among sex, gender, sexual orientation, and domain of gendered attributes...
- Elements of male body image: Prediction of depression, eating pathology and social sensitivity among gay menAaron J Blashill
Psychology Department, Saint Louis University, MO 63103, United States
Body Image 7:310-6. 2010....
- Gender roles, eating pathology, and body dissatisfaction in men: a meta-analysisAaron J Blashill
Psychology Department, Saint Louis University, 221 North Grand Blvd, Shannon Hall, St Louis, MO 63103, USA
Body Image 8:1-11. 2011..e., trait-based instruments yielded a negative association and multidimensional instruments revealed a positive relationship). Findings highlight the salience of masculinity in men's eating and body concerns...
- Mental health: a focus on stress, coping, and mental illness as it relates to treatment retention, adherence, and other health outcomesAaron J Blashill
Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Psychiatry Behavioral Medicine Service, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 8:215-22. 2011....
- The EDE-Q, BULIT-R, and BEDT as self-report measures of binge eating disorderJillon S Vander Wal
Saint Louis University, Department of Psychology, 221 N Grand Blvd St Louis, MO 63103, United States
Eat Behav 12:267-71. 2011..g., severe restriction outside of binges), while the brevity of the Eating Concern subscale of the EDE-Q makes it optimal for use in brief screening situations...
- Impact of integrated and measurement-based depression care: clinical experience in an HIV clinicShane M Coleman
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Psychosomatics 53:51-7. 2012..While randomized trials have shown the efficacy of treatment for depression in HIV/AIDS, the implementation of evidence-based treatments in real-world settings remains a challenge...
- Promoting the sexual health of MSM in the context of comorbid mental health problemsSteven A Safren
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 1 Bowdoin Sq, 7th Floor, Boston, MA 02114, USA
AIDS Behav 15:S30-4. 2011....
- The role of body image dissatisfaction and depression on HAART adherence in HIV positive men: tests of mediation modelsAaron J Blashill
Psychology Department, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63103, USA
AIDS Behav 14:280-8. 2010..Results suggest the importance of addressing both body dissatisfaction and depression in men who are living with HIV/AIDS...
- Components of body image in gay men with HIV/AIDSAaron J Blashill
Saint Louis University, MO, USA
Am J Mens Health 5:6-10. 2011....