Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Genome-wide scan of 29,141 African Americans finds no evidence of directional selection since admixtureGaurav Bhatia
Division of Health, Science, and Technology, The Harvard MIT Program in Health Sciences and Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, 7 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA Electronic address
Am J Hum Genet 95:437-44. 2014....
- Estimating and interpreting FST: the impact of rare variantsGaurav Bhatia
Harvard Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT, Division of Health, Science, and Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Genome Res 23:1514-21. 2013..Changes in each of these aspects of estimation may result in FST estimates that are highly divergent from one another. Here, we clarify these issues and propose solutions. ..
- A covering method for detecting genetic associations between rare variants and common phenotypesGaurav Bhatia
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 6:e1000954. 2010..The data suggests that the RVs help disrupt the expression of the two genes, leading to lowered metabolism of the corresponding cannabinoids. Overall, our results point to the power of including RVs in measuring genetic associations...
- Genome-wide comparison of African-ancestry populations from CARe and other cohorts reveals signals of natural selectionGaurav Bhatia
Harvard Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT Division of Health, Science and Technology, Cambridge, USA
Am J Hum Genet 89:368-81. 2011..The most significantly differentiated marker in our analysis, rs2920283, is highly differentiated in both Africa and East Asia and has prior genome-wide significant associations to bladder and gastric cancers...
- Population sequencing of two endocannabinoid metabolic genes identifies rare and common regulatory variants associated with extreme obesity and metabolite levelOlivier Harismendy
Moores UCSD Cancer Center, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Genome Biol 11:R118. 2010....
- Leveraging population admixture to characterize the heritability of complex traitsNoah Zaitlen
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Genet 46:1356-62. 2014..For height and body mass index (BMI), we obtained h(2) estimates of 0.55 ± 0.09 and 0.23 ± 0.06, respectively, which are larger than estimates of h(2)g in these and other data but smaller than family-based estimates of h(2). ..