Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Sorafenib in combination with capecitabine: an oral regimen for patients with HER2-negative locally advanced or metastatic breast cancerJose Baselga
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:1484-91. 2012..A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase IIB trial assessed sorafenib with capecitabine for locally advanced or metastatic human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -negative breast cancer...
- Lapatinib with trastuzumab for HER2-positive early breast cancer (NeoALTTO): a randomised, open-label, multicentre, phase 3 trialJose Baselga
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Lancet 379:633-40. 2012..We argue that the two anti-HER2 agents given together would be better than single-agent therapy...
- Everolimus in postmenopausal hormone-receptor-positive advanced breast cancerJose Baselga
Division of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 366:520-9. 2012..In early studies, the mTOR inhibitor everolimus added to endocrine therapy showed antitumor activity...
- Synergy between trastuzumab and pertuzumab for human epidermal growth factor 2 (Her2) from colocalization: an in silico based mechanismGloria Fuentes
Bioinformatics Institute, A STAR, Singapore
Breast Cancer Res 13:R54. 2011..It has been successfully targeted by small molecule kinase inhibitors and by antibodies. Recent clinical data show a synergistic response in patients when two antibodies, trastuzumab and pertuzumab, are given in combination...
- Treatment of HER2-overexpressing breast cancerJ Baselga
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Oncol 21:vii36-40. 2010..There will also be an increasing tendency towards moving the study of these agents to earlier stages of the disease, namely in the adjuvant and neoadjuvant setting...
- Targeting the phosphoinositide-3 (PI3) kinase pathway in breast cancerJose Baselga
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Oncologist 16:12-9. 2011..This article reviews current data related to the PI3K pathway, its role in breast cancer, the frequency with which PI3K is aberrant in breast cancer, and the potential clinical implications of using agents that target the PI3K pathway...
- Phase I, dose-escalation study of BKM120, an oral pan-Class I PI3K inhibitor, in patients with advanced solid tumorsJohanna C Bendell
Sarah Cannon Research Institute, Nashville, TN, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:282-90. 2012..This phase I dose-escalation study investigated the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), safety, preliminary activity, pharmacokinetics (PK), and pharmacodynamics of BKM120, a potent and highly specific oral pan-Class I PI3K inhibitor...
- Pertuzumab plus trastuzumab plus docetaxel for metastatic breast cancerJose Baselga
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 366:109-19. 2012....
- Magnitude of trastuzumab benefit in patients with HER2-positive, invasive lobular breast carcinoma: results from the HERA trialOtto Metzger-Filho
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:1954-60. 2013..To evaluate the benefit of adjuvant trastuzumab in patients diagnosed with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -positive invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) enrolled onto the Herceptin Adjuvant (HERA) trial...
- Analysis of regional timelines to set up a global phase III clinical trial in breast cancer: the adjuvant lapatinib and/or trastuzumab treatment optimization experienceOtto Metzger-Filho
Division of Women s Cancers, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Yawkey Building 1238, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Oncologist 18:134-40. 2013..This study measured the time taken for setting up the different facets of adjuvant lapatinib and/or trastuzumab treatment optimization (ALTTO), an nternational phase III study being conducted in 44 participating countries...
- Using pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data in early decision making regarding drug development: a phase I clinical trial evaluating tyrosine kinase inhibitor, AEE788Jose Baselga
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:6364-72. 2012..A nonlinear model (Emax model) was used to describe the relationship between AEE788 exposure and target-pathway modulation in skin and tumor tissues...
- Pertuzumab monotherapy after trastuzumab-based treatment and subsequent reintroduction of trastuzumab: activity and tolerability in patients with advanced human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive breast cancerJavier Cortes
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:1594-600. 2012..We then investigated the impact of reintroducing trastuzumab to patients whose disease progressed on pertuzumab monotherapy...
- Combining a PI3K inhibitor with a PARP inhibitor provides an effective therapy for BRCA1-related breast cancerAshish Juvekar
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cancer Discov 2:1048-63. 2012....
- Targeted therapies for breast cancerMichaela J Higgins
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 121:3797-803. 2011..In addition, combinatorial approaches that act on the secondary mutations and/or compensatory pathways in resistant tumors may markedly improve on the effects of targeted agents used alone...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor mutations and gene amplification in non-small-cell lung cancer: molecular analysis of the IDEAL/INTACT gefitinib trialsDaphne W Bell
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:8081-92. 2005..The goal of this study was to determine the contribution of molecular alterations in EGFR to response and survival within the phase II (IDEAL) and phase III (INTACT) trials of gefitinib...
- Whole-genome sequencing and cancer therapy: is too much ever enough?Levi A Garraway
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Cancer Discov 2:766-8. 2012..This finding highlights the growing debate surrounding the optimal deployment of powerful new genomics technologies in the clinical oncology arena...
- Breast cancer in 2010: Novel targets and therapies for a personalized approachMichaela J Higgins
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, 55 Fruit Street, Laurence House, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 8:65-6. 2011..Studies with novel targeted agents in defined breast cancer subgroups have revealed exciting developments and highlight the importance of patient selection...
- The evolving war on cancerDaniel A Haber
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Cell 145:19-24. 2011..Could this mark a turning point in the "War on Cancer"?..
- Deconstructing feedback-signaling networks to improve anticancer therapy with mTORC1 inhibitorsArkaitz Carracedo
Cancer Genetics Program, Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center, Department of Medicine and Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Cell Cycle 7:3805-9. 2008..In this extra-view, we integrate our findings into the mTORC1 signaling network and discuss its relevance for the design of combinatorial therapies with mTORC1 inhibitors...
- Antitumor activity of the Hsp90 inhibitor IPI-504 in HER2-positive trastuzumab-resistant breast cancerMaurizio Scaltriti
Medical Oncology Department, Vall d Hebron Institute of Oncology, Barcelona, Spain
Mol Cancer Ther 10:817-24. 2011..IPI-504-mediated Hsp90 inhibition may represent a novel therapeutic approach in trastuzumab refractory HER2-positive breast cancer...