Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Chronic endotoxin exposure produces airflow obstruction and lung dendritic cell expansionPeggy S Lai
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 47:209-17. 2012..These findings point to a novel underlying mechanism of airflow obstruction as a result of occupational LPS exposure, and suggest molecular and cellular targets for therapeutic development...
- Genetically manipulated mouse models of lung disease: potential and pitfallsRebecca M Baron
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L485-97. 2012..We will attempt to review the current technological approaches of generating gene-targeted mice and the enormous dataset derived from these studies, providing a template for lung investigators...
- Pathobiology of sepsis: are we still asking the same questions?Rebecca M Baron
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 34:129-34. 2006
- Distamycin A inhibits HMGA1-binding to the P-selectin promoter and attenuates lung and liver inflammation during murine endotoxemiaRebecca M Baron
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10656. 2010....
- High-mobility group-I/Y proteins: potential role in the pathophysiology of critical illnessesIrvith M Carvajal
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Crit Care Med 30:S36-42. 2002....
- Heme oxygenase-1-derived carbon monoxide enhances the host defense response to microbial sepsis in miceSu Wol Chung
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 118:239-47. 2008..These data advocate HO-1-derived CO as an important mediator of the host defense response to sepsis and suggest CO administration as a possible treatment for the disease...
- HMG-1/Y Regulation of NOS2 Expression in EndotoxemiaREBECCA BARON; Fiscal Year: 2007..These experiments will allow us to determine the role of HMG-I/Y in regulating NOS2 expression during endotoxemia and may reveal a novel target for improving outcomes from sepsis. ..
- Role of NOS2 in Sepsis-Induced ARDSRebecca M Baron; Fiscal Year: 2010..Achievement of the AIMS of this proposal hold significant promise for gaining novel insights into the pathobiology of sepsis-induced ARDS that can inform the development of new treatment strategies for these devastating syndromes. ..