DAVID ROY BANGSBERG
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Potential for false positive HIV test results with the serial rapid HIV testing algorithmSteven Baveewo
Department of Medicine, Makerere University School of Medicine, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Res Notes 5:154. 2012..We conducted further testing on this subgroup of samples using qualitative DNA PCR to assess the potential for false positive tests in this situation...
- Trends in the clinical characteristics of HIV-infected patients initiating antiretroviral therapy in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania between 2002 and 2009Elvin H Geng
Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California at San Francisco, 995 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 14:46. 2011..Regionally representative socio-demographic, laboratory and clinical characteristics of patients accessing ART over time and across sites have not been well described...
- A single tablet regimen is associated with higher adherence and viral suppression than multiple tablet regimens in HIV+ homeless and marginally housed peopleDavid R Bangsberg
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Global Health, Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT, and Harvard, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
AIDS 24:2835-40. 2010..The virologic effectiveness of this STR in a potentially nonadherent population remains a concern, given the rapid selection of drug resistance seen with these drugs...
- A marginal structural model to estimate the causal effect of antidepressant medication treatment on viral suppression among homeless and marginally housed persons with HIVAlexander C Tsai
Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, University of California at San Francisco, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:1282-90. 2010..Application of marginal structural modeling to longitudinal observation data can, under certain assumptions, approximate the findings of a randomized controlled trial...
- HIV Treatment in the homeless: a prospective studyDavid Bangsberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed research will assist in the development of both behavioral and therapeutic strategies to extend treatment and reduce the risk of drug resistance in this important population. ..
- Novel approaches to monitoring and utilizing adherence to HIV therapy in AfricaDAVID ROY BANGSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, this study has the potential to transform HIV practice in both resource-limited and resource-rich settings, including the US. PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 11/07) Page Continuation Format Page ..
- International HIV ARV Adherence, Resistance and SurvivalDavid Bangsberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..To better guide therapy in both settings, these studies will further our understanding of drug resistance, including its causes, its extent and the role it plays in disease progression and death. ..
- A RCT of HIV Adherence Case Management and Modified DOTDavid Bangsberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..Outcomes will be assessed quarterly during the 6-month intervention and during a 6 month post-intervention period to examine the durability of the intervention effect. ..
- Depression Treatment to Improve ARV Therapy AdherenceDavid Bangsberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will examine five primary aims, including depression treatment, adherence to antiretroviral therapy, duration of sustained antiretroviral treatment, initiation of treatment, and viral suppression. ..