Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- The PRO-ACT database: design, initial analyses, and predictive featuresNazem Atassi
From the Neurological Clinical Research Institute NCRI, Department of Neurology N A, J B, A Sherman, E S, J W, I K, M C, and the Biostatistics Center A Shui, D S, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston and Prize4Life N Z, M L, Cambridge, MA
Neurology 83:1719-25. 2014..To pool data from completed amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) clinical trials and create an open-access resource that enables greater understanding of the phenotype and biology of ALS...
- A phase I, pharmacokinetic, dosage escalation study of creatine monohydrate in subjects with amyotrophic lateral sclerosisNazem Atassi
Neurology Clinical Trials Unit NCTU, Massachusetts General Hospital, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 11:508-13. 2010..Creatine appears to cross the blood-brain barrier, and oral administration of 15 g b.i.d. is associated with increased in vivo brain creatine concentrations and decreased glutamate concentrations...
- Depression in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisNazem Atassi
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 12:109-12. 2011..In conclusion, major depression is less common in our ALS cohort than in the general population. The diagnosis of depression can be masked by some ALS related symptoms and it has no impact on enrollment in ALS clinical trials...
- Advanced statistical methods to study the effects of gastric tube and non-invasive ventilation on functional decline and survival in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisNazem Atassi
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 12:272-7. 2011..G-tube placement could be followed by a faster rate of functional decline and increased mortality. Our results may suffer from some of the limitations of retrospective analyses...
- Pre-morbid type 2 diabetes mellitus is not a prognostic factor in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisSabrina Paganoni
Neurological Clinical Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Muscle Nerve 52:339-43. 2015..The aim of this study was to determine whether a history of pre-morbid type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM2) is a prognostic factor in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)...
- Neuroprotective agents target molecular mechanisms of disease in ALSYongjin Zhu
Department of Neurosurgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Drug Discov Today 20:65-75. 2015....
- Increased in vivo glial activation in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: assessed with [(11)C]-PBR28Nicole R Zürcher
A A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA, USA
Neuroimage Clin 7:409-14. 2015..Further studies will determine the role of [(11)C]-PBR28 as a marker of treatments that target neuroinflammation. ..
- Diagnostic timelines and delays in diagnosing amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)Sabrina Paganoni
Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Neurological Clinical Research Institute NCRI, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Frontotemporal Degener 15:453-6. 2014..Older age, sporadic disease, and limb onset can delay ALS diagnosis...
- 7-T MRI of the spinal cord can detect lateral corticospinal tract abnormality in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisJulien Cohen-Adad
AA Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Muscle Nerve 47:760-2. 2013..Degeneration of the lateral corticospinal tract (CST) is a key finding in ALS cervical spinal cord autopsies. We hypothesized that in vivo ultra-high-field MRI of the cervical spinal cord can detect abnormality in the CST...
- Feedback interaction of research, advocacy, and clinical care applied to ALS research in South AmericaMiriam E Bucheli
From the University of Massachusetts Medical School M E B, J S, Worcester San Francisco University of Quito A C, D C, C F, R L, Ecuador Wellesley College E D, MA and Massachusetts General Hospital N A, J D B, Harvard Medical School, Boston
Neurology 81:1959-61. 2013..This article discusses challenges for ALS research in South America (SA) and examines the ALS scientific record to explore the interactions and synergies of research, clinical care, and patient advocacy in underdeveloped regions. ..
- Analysis of start-up, retention, and adherence in ALS clinical trialsNazem Atassi
From the Neurological Clinical Research Institute, Department of Neurology N A, P Y R, H Y, M K, D G, J D, M L W, J S, A L, L J, M E C, and Biostatistics Center J S, E A M, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston and Harvard Medical School N A, P Y R, E A M, M E C, Boston, MA
Neurology 81:1350-5. 2013..To investigate predictors of trial start-up times, high attrition, and poor protocol adherence in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) trials...