Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- A phase I, pharmacokinetic, dosage escalation study of creatine monohydrate in subjects with amyotrophic lateral sclerosisNazem Atassi
Neurology Clinical Trials Unit NCTU, Massachusetts General Hospital, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 11:508-13. 2010..Creatine appears to cross the blood-brain barrier, and oral administration of 15 g b.i.d. is associated with increased in vivo brain creatine concentrations and decreased glutamate concentrations...
- Depression in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisNazem Atassi
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 12:109-12. 2011..In conclusion, major depression is less common in our ALS cohort than in the general population. The diagnosis of depression can be masked by some ALS related symptoms and it has no impact on enrollment in ALS clinical trials...
- Advanced statistical methods to study the effects of gastric tube and non-invasive ventilation on functional decline and survival in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisNazem Atassi
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 12:272-7. 2011..G-tube placement could be followed by a faster rate of functional decline and increased mortality. Our results may suffer from some of the limitations of retrospective analyses...
- 7-T MRI of the spinal cord can detect lateral corticospinal tract abnormality in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisJulien Cohen-Adad
AA Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Muscle Nerve 47:760-2. 2013..Degeneration of the lateral corticospinal tract (CST) is a key finding in ALS cervical spinal cord autopsies. We hypothesized that in vivo ultra-high-field MRI of the cervical spinal cord can detect abnormality in the CST...
- Feedback interaction of research, advocacy, and clinical care applied to ALS research in South AmericaMiriam E Bucheli
From the University of Massachusetts Medical School M E B, J S, Worcester San Francisco University of Quito A C, D C, C F, R L, Ecuador Wellesley College E D, MA and Massachusetts General Hospital N A, J D B, Harvard Medical School, Boston
Neurology 81:1959-61. 2013..This article discusses challenges for ALS research in South America (SA) and examines the ALS scientific record to explore the interactions and synergies of research, clinical care, and patient advocacy in underdeveloped regions. ..
- Analysis of start-up, retention, and adherence in ALS clinical trialsNazem Atassi
From the Neurological Clinical Research Institute, Department of Neurology N A, P Y R, H Y, M K, D G, J D, M L W, J S, A L, L J, M E C, and Biostatistics Center J S, E A M, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston and Harvard Medical School N A, P Y R, E A M, M E C, Boston, MA
Neurology 81:1350-5. 2013..To investigate predictors of trial start-up times, high attrition, and poor protocol adherence in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) trials...