Genomes and Genes
Zoltan P Arany
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- HIF-independent regulation of VEGF and angiogenesis by the transcriptional coactivator PGC-1alphaZoltan Arany
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 451:1008-12. 2008..PGC-1alpha may provide a novel therapeutic target for treating ischaemic diseases...
- PGC-1alpha protects skeletal muscle from atrophy by suppressing FoxO3 action and atrophy-specific gene transcriptionMarco Sandri
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:16260-5. 2006..Thus, the high levels of PGC-1alpha in dark and exercising muscles can explain their resistance to atrophy, and the rapid fall in PGC-1alpha during atrophy should enhance the FoxO-dependent loss of muscle mass...
- Sepsis and glucocorticoids downregulate the expression of the nuclear cofactor PGC-1beta in skeletal muscleMichael J Menconi
Departmentof Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 2215, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E533-43. 2010..Taken together, our results suggest that sepsis- and glucocorticoid-induced muscle wasting may, at least in part, be regulated by decreased expression of the nuclear cofactor PGC-1β...
- PGC-1 Co-Activators in Cardiac Metabolism and FunctionZoltan Arany; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- High throughput screening for modulators of the transcriptional coactivator PGC-1Zoltan Arany; Fiscal Year: 2007....