Daniel G Anderson
Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Wesselhoeft R, Kowalski P, Anderson D. Engineering circular RNA for potent and stable translation in eukaryotic cells. Nat Commun. 2018;9:2629 pubmed publisher..This study pioneers the use of exogenous circRNA for robust and stable protein expression in eukaryotic cells and demonstrates that circRNA is a promising alternative to linear mRNA. ..
- Li Y, Park A, Mou H, Colpan C, Bizhanova A, Akama Garren E, et al. A versatile reporter system for CRISPR-mediated chromosomal rearrangements. Genome Biol. 2015;16:111 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we detect Cas9 cleavage at the fourth nucleotide on the non-complementary strand, leading to staggered instead of blunt DNA breaks. These reporters allow mechanisms of chromosomal rearrangements to be investigated. ..
- Kanasty R, Vegas A, Ceo L, Maier M, Charisse K, Nair J, et al. Sequence-Defined Oligomers from Hydroxyproline Building Blocks for Parallel Synthesis Applications. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2016;55:9529-33 pubmed publisher..We then adapted this method to the parallel synthesis of hundreds of materials in 96-well plates. This strategy provides a platform for the screening of libraries of modified biomolecules. ..
- Kauffman K, Mir F, Jhunjhunwala S, Kaczmarek J, Hurtado J, Yang J, et al. Efficacy and immunogenicity of unmodified and pseudouridine-modified mRNA delivered systemically with lipid nanoparticles in vivo. Biomaterials. 2016;109:78-87 pubmed publisher..This study provides insight into the immune responses to mRNA lipid nanoparticles, and suggests that pseudouridine modifications may be unnecessary for therapeutic application of mRNA in the liver. ..
- Kaczmarek J, Patel A, Kauffman K, Fenton O, Webber M, Heartlein M, et al. Polymer-Lipid Nanoparticles for Systemic Delivery of mRNA to the Lungs. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2016;55:13808-13812 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report of the systemic administration of mRNA for delivery to the lungs using degradable polymer-lipid nanoparticles. ..
- Kauffman K, Webber M, Anderson D. Materials for non-viral intracellular delivery of messenger RNA therapeutics. J Control Release. 2016;240:227-234 pubmed publisher..In so doing, it is the intention of this review to provide a comprehensive look at the progress and possibilities in applying nucleic acid delivery technology specifically toward the emerging area of mRNA therapeutics. ..
- Kauffman K, Oberli M, Dorkin J, Hurtado J, Kaczmarek J, Bhadani S, et al. Rapid, Single-Cell Analysis and Discovery of Vectored mRNA Transfection InÂ Vivo with a loxP-Flanked tdTomato Reporter Mouse. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids. 2018;10:55-63 pubmed publisher..We believe that the system described here may facilitate the identification and characterization of mRNA delivery vectors to new tissues and cell types. ..
- Yin H, Bogorad R, Barnes C, Walsh S, Zhuang I, Nonaka H, et al. RNAi-nanoparticulate manipulation of gene expression as a new functional genomics tool in the liver. J Hepatol. 2016;64:899-907 pubmed publisher..Our data show that siRNA-nanoparticulate manipulation of gene expression can provide the reversible control of organ size in adult animals, which presents a new avenue for the investigation of complex regulatory networks in liver. ..
- Jhunjhunwala S, Alvarez D, Aresta DaSilva S, Tang K, Tang B, Greiner D, et al. Frontline Science: Splenic progenitors aid in maintaining high neutrophil numbers at sites of sterile chronic inflammation. J Leukoc Biol. 2016;100:253-60 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insight into the role for splenic neutrophils and their progenitors and establish a model to study neutrophil function during sterile inflammation. ..
- Chahal J, Khan O, Cooper C, McPartlan J, Tsosie J, Tilley L, et al. Dendrimer-RNA nanoparticles generate protective immunity against lethal Ebola, H1N1 influenza, and Toxoplasma gondii challenges with a single dose. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E4133-42 pubmed publisher..The ability to generate viable, contaminant-free vaccines within days, to single or multiple antigens, may have broad utility for a range of diseases. ..