S B Ahmed
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Oral contraceptives, angiotensin-dependent renal vasoconstriction, and risk of diabetic nephropathySofia B Ahmed
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, PBB 3, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Diabetes Care 28:1988-94. 2005..RAS activation occurs in healthy women using oral contraceptives (OCs), but the effects of OC use on the diabetic kidney are unclear...
- Body mass index and angiotensin-dependent control of the renal circulation in healthy humansSofia B Ahmed
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Hypertension 46:1316-20. 2005..Weight loss should be considered in the overweight or obese patient for renal protection...
- A 39-year-old pregnant woman with polyuria and hypomagnesemiaS B Ahmed
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, PBB 3, RA 126E, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Kidney Int 69:938-41. 2006
- Genetic variation in the tumor necrosis factor-alpha promoter region and in the stress protein hsp70-2: susceptibility and prognostic implications in breast carcinomaS Mestiri
Laboratoire d Immuno Oncologie Moleculaire, Faculte de medecine de Monastir, Université du Centre, 5019 Monastir, Tunisia
Cancer 91:672-8. 2001..The authors designated a large study to investigate the susceptibility and prognostic implications of the genetic variation in TNF-alpha and hsp70-2 in breast carcinoma...
- Glutathione S-transferases (GSTT1 and GSTM1) gene deletions in Tunisians: susceptibility and prognostic implications in breast carcinomaA Khedhaier
Laboratoire d Immuno Oncologie Moleculaire, Faculte de medecine de Monastir, 5019 Monastir, Tunisia
Br J Cancer 89:1502-7. 2003..The gene deletion of GSTs may predict not only the early onset of breast carcinoma but also the clinical response to chemotherapy and the recurrence-free survival for patients with lymph node-negative breast carcinoma...
- Cardiac transplantation and cyclosporine nephrotoxicityS B Ahmed
Department of Medicine, Foothills Medical Centre, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Kidney Int 72:1029-33. 2007