David K Ahern
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Promise of and potential for patient-facing technologies to enable meaningful useDavid K Ahern
Health Information Technology Resource Center for Aligning Forces for Quality, Program in Behavioral Informatics and eHealth, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School Brigham and Women s Hospital, 1249 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Prev Med 40:S162-72. 2011..Further research is needed to identify the most useful and effective technologies for patients...
- What is eHealth (6): perspectives on the evolution of eHealth researchDavid K Ahern
Health e Technologies Initiative, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 1249 Boylston Street, Third Floor, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Med Internet Res 8:e4. 2006..The field of eHealth holds promise for supporting and enabling health behavior change and the prevention and management of chronic disease...
- Challenges and opportunities of eHealth researchDavid K Ahern
Health e Technologies Initiative, Department of Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Am J Prev Med 32:S75-82. 2007..A brief historical perspective provides context for the subsequent appraisal of the current state of eHealth research. Next, emerging evidence pointing to the growing interest and investment in eHealth research is presented...
- Cognitive behavior therapy for hypochondriasis: a randomized controlled trialArthur J Barsky
Department of Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
JAMA 291:1464-70. 2004..Hypochondriasis is a chronic, distressing, and disabling condition that is prevalent in ambulatory medical practice. Until recently, no specific treatment has been clearly demonstrated to be effective...
- Mapping the road from childhood trauma to adult somatization: the role of attachmentRobert J Waldinger
Department of Psychiatry, Brigham and Women s Hospitaland Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Psychosom Med 68:129-35. 2006..This study tested whether insecure attachment mediates the link between childhood trauma and adult somatization...
- A personality characteristic, somatic absorption, and the perception of somatic symptoms in rheumatoid arthritis patientsIlana M Braun
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Rheumatol 35:782-9. 2008..This study tested the hypothesis that a personality trait, somatic absorption, is correlated with symptom severity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- A roadmap to computer-based psychotherapy in the United StatesJames A Cartreine
Harvard Medical School, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 18:80-95. 2010..It lays out both a roadmap and, in each of the four domains, the milestones that need to be met to reach the goal of making EBTs for behavioral health problems available to all Americans...
- Insights for internists: "I want the computer to know who I am"Jan Walker
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:727-32. 2009..In designing electronic personal health records (PHRs) and related health technologies, lay perspectives are rarely solicited, and we know little about what individuals want and need...
- Telethinking. Interview with David K. AhernDavid K Ahern
Telemed J E Health 11:281-6. 2005
- Patients' perceptions of cholesterol, cardiovascular disease risk, and risk communication strategiesRoberta E Goldman
Department of Family Medicine, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI, USA
Ann Fam Med 4:205-12. 2006..We undertook a qualitative study that explored patients' perceptions of cholesterol and cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk and their reactions to 3 strategies for communicating CVD risk...
- Feasibility of incorporating computer-tailored health behaviour communications in primary care settingsChristopher N Sciamanna
Brown Medical School, Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, Coro Building, Suite 500, One Hoppin Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Inform Prim Care 12:40-8. 2004..We set out to investigate the feasibility of incorporating a computer-tailored health behaviour program into routine care in a group of primary care practices in Rhode Island...
- Science and the advancement of eHealth: a call to actionDavid K Ahern
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Health e Technologies Initiative, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Am J Prev Med 24:108-9. 2003