James M Smoliga
Affiliation: Marywood University
- Reliability and precision of EMG in leg, torso, and arm muscles during runningJames M Smoliga
Department of Health and Physical Education, Marywood University, Scranton, PA 18509, USA
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 20:e1-9. 2010....
- Resveratrol and health--a comprehensive review of human clinical trialsJames M Smoliga
Human Physiology Laboratory, Department of Health and Physical Education, Marywood University, Scranton, PA 18509, USA
Mol Nutr Food Res 55:1129-41. 2011..This review aims to examine the current state of knowledge on the effects of resveratrol on humans and to utilize this information to develop further guidelines for the implementation of human clinical trials...
- Increased carbon monoxide clearance during exercise in humansGerald S Zavorsky
Human Physiology Laboratory, Marywood University, Scranton, PA, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 44:2118-24. 2012..Accordingly, this study examined the effect of exercise on the half-life of carboxyhemolobin elimination...
- Small things make a big difference: particulate matter and exercisePaul T Cutrufello
The University of Scranton, Scranton, PA, USA
Sports Med 42:1041-58. 2012....
- Challenges of translating basic research into therapeutics: resveratrol as an exampleJames M Smoliga
Department of Health and Physical Education, Human Physiology Laboratory, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 67:158-67. 2012..The evidence for benefits of resveratrol in humans remains too sparse to be conclusive; yet, the limited data that are available, combined with a growing list of animal studies, provide a strong justification for further study...
- Alveolar-membrane diffusing capacity limits performance in Boston marathon qualifiersKaleen M Lavin
Human Physiology Laboratory, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e44513. 2012....