Affiliation: Marshfield Clinic
- Tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy in a patient with advanced colorectal adenocarcinomaYusuf Kasirye
Department of Internal Medicine, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, WI 54449, USA
Case Report Med 2010:487579. 2010..This is consistent with a recent hypothesis that in addition to currently known triggering factors, malignancies might well trigger TC in the context of a stressor or paraneoplastic phenomenon...
- Association between blood glucose level and outcomes in patients hospitalized for acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseYusuf Kasirye
Department of Internal Medicine, Marshfield Clinic Park Falls Center, Park Falls, Wis 54552, USA
WMJ 112:244-9; quiz 250. 2013..This study examined the association between blood glucose and adverse outcomes among hospitalized patients with acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, for which limited prior data were available...
- Multilocular thymic cyst with epithelioid granulomata of unknown etiology: a radiologic and histopathologic correlationYusuf Kasirye
Department of Internal Medicine, Marshfield Clinic, WI, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 16:38-42. 2012....
- Apical hypertrophic cardiomyopathy presenting as recurrent unexplained syncopeYusuf Kasirye
Department of Internal Medicine, Marshfield Clinic, 50 Sherry Avenue, Park Falls, WI 54552, USA
Clin Med Res 10:26-31. 2012..In a clinical encounter involving a patient presenting with recurrent syncope, special attention must be focused on the electrocardiogram to decipher the unique diagnostic features it might show...
- Brain abscesses complicating acute pneumococcal meningitis during etanercept therapyYusuf Kasirye
Department of Internal Medicine, Marshfield Clinic Park Falls Center, Park Falls, WI 54552, USA
Clin Med Res 10:230-5. 2012..As far as we know, this case is the first report linking multiple brain abscess formation in a patient with community-acquired pneumococcal meningitis with etanercept therapy...
- ADAMTS13 deficiency and thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura associated with trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazoleSowjanya Bapani
Department of Internal Medicine, Marshfield Clinic, 1000 North Oak Avenue, Marshfield, WI 54449, USA
Clin Med Res 11:86-90. 2013..Her condition responded to discontinuation of the TMP-SMX, plasmapheresis, and rituximab therapy. We speculate that the acquired ADAMTS13 deficiency might have been triggered by the TMP-SMX therapy. ..
- Non-cardiogenic pulmonary edema complicating electroconvulsive therapy: short review of the pathophysiology and diagnostic approachJanaki R Manne
Department of Hospital Medicine, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, WI 54449, USA
Clin Med Res 10:131-6. 2012..The present case does not support any cardiogenic mechanism in the genesis of this condition...