Anthony M Iacopino
Affiliation: Marquette University
- The influence of "new science" on dental education: current concepts, trends, and models for the futureAnthony M Iacopino
Department of General Dental Sciences, Marquette University School of Dentistry, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
J Dent Educ 71:450-62. 2007..For the profession to advance, every dental school must play a role in establishing a culture that attaches value to research/discovery, evidence-based practice, and the application of new knowledge/technologies to patient care...
- Pathophysiological relationships between periodontitis and systemic disease: recent concepts involving serum lipidsA M Iacopino
Division of Prosthodontics, Marquette University School of Dentistry, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
J Periodontol 71:1375-84. 2000..As active participants in this emerging and exciting area of investigation, we hope to stimulate interest and awareness among biomedical scientists and practitioners...
- Periodontitis and diabetes interrelationships: role of inflammationA M Iacopino
Division of Prosthodontics, Marquette University School of Dentistry, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Ann Periodontol 6:125-37. 2001..Thus, there is potential for periodontitis to exacerbate diabetes-induced hyperlipidemia, immune cell alterations, and diminished tissue repair capacity. It may also be possible for chronic periodontitis to induce diabetes...
- Preserving the pipeline: a model dental curriculum for research non-intensive institutionsAnthony M Iacopino
General Dental Sciences, Marquette University School of Dentistry, P O Box 1881, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
J Dent Educ 68:44-9. 2004..This curriculum structure may serve as a model for research non-intensive institutions seeking to increase student interest in academic and research careers...
- The effect of NIDCR R25 grant support on the curriculum and culture of a research non-intensive dental schoolA M Iacopino
Department of General Dental Sciences, Marquette University School of Dentistry, 1801 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
J Dent Res 86:581-5. 2007..Thus, we believe that the R25 programming changed the culture of our dental school, creating a supportive environment for research/scholarship, increasing academic productivity, and altering the attitudes of faculty/students...
- Racial/ethnic disparities in the acceptance of Medicaid patients in dental practicesChristopher Okunseri
Department of Clinical Services Room 356, Marquette University School of Dentistry, P O Box 1881 Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
J Public Health Dent 68:149-53. 2008..We therefore examined the factors associated with the acceptance of new Medicaid patients by dentists...
- Socio-demographics of adult orthodontic visits in the United StatesJoseph Whitesides
Department of Developmental Sciences, School of Dentistry, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 133:489.e9-14. 2008..We examined the demographic profile of likely adult users of orthodontic services and whether there is racial and ethnic disparity in orthodontic visits...
- Hmong adults self-rated oral health: a pilot studyChristopher Okunseri
Department of Clinical Services, Room 356, Marquette University School of Dentistry, P O Box 1881, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 10:81-8. 2008..About half of Hmong adults rated their oral health and access to dental care as poor. Dental insurance, access to dental care, past preventive dental/physician visits and SRGH were associated with SROH...
- Racial and ethnic variation in the provision of dental proceduresChristopher Okunseri
Marquette University School of Dentistry, Department of Clinical Services, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53201 1881, USA
J Public Health Dent 67:20-7. 2007..This study examined trends in the provision of dental procedures and sought to determine whether there are racial/ethnic differences in the provision of dental procedures...
- Factors associated with receipt of preventive dental treatment procedures among adult patients at a dental training school in Wisconsin, 2001-2002Christopher Okunseri
Department of Clinical Services, Marquette University School of Dentistry, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201 1881, USA
Gend Med 6:272-6. 2009..Preventive dental treatment procedures (PDTPs) are commonly accepted as the primary approach to prevent dental disease...
- Core curricula for postdoctoral dental students: recent problems, potential solutions, and a model for the futureAnthony M Iacopino
University of Manitoba Faculty of Dentistry, D113 780 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0W2
J Dent Educ 71:1428-34. 2007..Thus, this model may prove useful for other institutions seeking to refine or develop graduate core curricula...
- The role of "research non-intensive" institutions within the global frameworkAnthony M Iacopino
J Dent Res 83:276-7. 2004
- Translation of oral-systemic science to practiceAnthony M Iacopino
J Can Dent Assoc 74:496-7. 2008
- Changing Culture: Research/Scholarly Curriculum TrackAnthony Iacopino; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..