Affiliation: Marquette University
- Exercise and nutrition: what adolescents think is importantM Frenn
Marquette University College of Nursing, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
Appl Nurs Res 12:179-84. 1999..Interviews were transcribed and coded line-by-line for themes apparent in the data. Major themes were compared and contrasted with previous research as a guide for developmentally appropriate health promotion interventions...
- Addressing health disparities in middle school students' nutrition and exerciseMarilyn Frenn
College of Nursing, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
J Community Health Nurs 20:1-14. 2003....
- Diet and exercise in low-income culturally diverse middle school studentsMarilyn Frenn
Marquette University College of Nursing, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201, USA
Public Health Nurs 20:361-8. 2003..These findings warrant additional study...
- Changing the tide: an Internet/video exercise and low-fat diet intervention with middle-school studentsMarilyn Frenn
College of Nursing, Marquette University, PO Box 1881 Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Appl Nurs Res 18:13-21. 2005..99, p = .05, and decreased the percentage of dietary fat, t (87) = 2.73, p = .008. Responses to the intervention by stage of change, race, and income are examined...
- Determinants of physical activity and low-fat diet among low income African American and Hispanic middle school studentsMarilyn Frenn
Marquette University College of Nursing, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201 1881, USA
Public Health Nurs 22:89-97. 2005..Living in a neighborhood with traditional Hispanic culture and foods appears to have ameliorated the harmful effects of lower income, although further study with larger samples followed over time is needed...
- What can parents do to reduce youth obesity? An initial study with a diverse sampleMarilyn Frenn
Marquette University College of Nursing, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 26:428-34. 2011..Parent's (n = 14) BMI, not the child's, was associated with the strategies they used. Three parents tested an online authoritative parenting program. Further research is needed...
- Stage-based interventions for low-fat diet with middle school studentsMarilyn Frenn
College of Nursing and Department of Math and Statistics, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 18:36-45. 2003..77; p =.000; adjusted R(2) = 0.35]. Posttest percentage fat in food was significantly less for the intervention group as compared with the control group (t = 2.06; df, 115; p =.04)...
- Engaging students through collaboration: how Project FUN worksMichael J Havice
Department of Communication, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 28:203-8. 2007..The process used to incorporate the scholarship of teaching ito a collaborative college-level application of learning is described...