Tammy R Kopelman
Affiliation: Maricopa Medical Center
- The relationship of plasma glucose and glycosylated hemoglobin A1C levels among nondiabetic trauma patientsTammy R Kopelman
Division of Burns, Trauma Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care, Department of Surgery, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
J Trauma 64:30-3; discussion 33-4. 2008..We studied whether this hyperglycemia may actually indicate the presence of occult DM (ODM) as demonstrated by elevated glycosylated hemoglobin A1C (gHbA1C)...
- The utility of diagnostic laparoscopy in the evaluation of anterior abdominal stab woundsTammy R Kopelman
Division of Burns, Trauma Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, Department of Surgery, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ 85008, USA
Am J Surg 196:871-7; discussion 877. 2008....
- Incidence of blunt cerebrovascular injury in low-risk cervical spine fracturesTammy R Kopelman
Division of Burns, Trauma, and Surgical Critical Care, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ 85008, USA
Am J Surg 202:684-8; discussion 688-9. 2011..We sought to determine the incidence of BCVI with CSfx in the absence of high-risk injury patterns...
- Use of computed tomography in the initial evaluation of anterior abdominal stab woundsNicole E Berardoni
Department of Radiology, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Am J Surg 202:690-5; discussion 695-6. 2011..The purpose of this study was to assess the ability of computed tomography (CT) to facilitate initial management decisions in patients with anterior abdominal stab wounds...
- The ability of computed tomography to diagnose placental abruption in the trauma patientTammy R Kopelman
Division of Burns, Trauma Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona 85008, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 74:236-41. 2013..Our objective was to determine if abdominopelvic computed tomographic (CT) imaging can assess for placental abruption (PA) when obtained to exclude associated maternal injuries...
- Risk factors for blunt cerebrovascular injury in children: do they mimic those seen in adults?Tammy R Kopelman
Department of Surgery, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona 85008, USA
J Trauma 71:559-64; discussion 564. 2011..The purpose of our study was to determine whether adult criteria translate to the pediatric population...
- Empiric, broad-spectrum antibiotic therapy with an aggressive de-escalation strategy does not induce gram-negative pathogen resistance in ventilator-associated pneumoniaMichael L Hibbard
Department of Surgery, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 11:427-32. 2010..With this practice, however, alterations in antimicrobial resistance remain a concern. Our hypothesis was that this strict regimen does not alter antimicrobial susceptibility of common gram-negative VAP pathogens in our SICU...
- Can empiric broad-spectrum antibiotics for ventilator-associated pneumonia be narrowed based on Gram's stain results of bronchoalveolar lavage fluidTammy R Kopelman
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Am J Surg 192:812-6. 2006..Our purpose was to assess the value of the GS in diagnosing ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) and to determine whether early antibiotic narrowing was feasible...
- Significant pediatric morbidity and mortality from intracranial ballistic injuries caused by nonpowder gunshot wounds. A case seriesPatrick J O'Neill
Division of Burns, Trauma, and Surgical Critical Care, Department of Surgery, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, Ariz, USA
Pediatr Neurosurg 45:205-9. 2009..We suggest that age warning should be adjusted to 18 years or older for unsupervised use to be considered safe of these potentially lethal weapons...