Curtis E Margo
- Ischemic optic neuropathy in male veterans prescribed phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitorsCurtis E Margo
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 143:538-9. 2007..To determine the feasibility of a case-control study of phosphodiesterase (PDE)-5 inhibitors and nonarteritic ischemic optic neuropathy (NION)...
- Rhinocerebral mucormycosis with perineural spreadCurtis E Margo
Department of Ophthalmology, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, Florida, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 23:326-7. 2007..Mucormycosis can spread considerable distances from its primary focus of infection along peripheral nerves, a phenomenon that can be identified clinically with contrast-enhanced MRI...
- Post-marketing surveillance of ischaemic optic neuropathy in male veterans co-prescribed phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors with organic nitrates or alpha-blockersDustin D French
VISN 8 Patient Safety Center of Inquiry, James A Haley VA Hospital, Tampa, Florida, USA
Drug Saf 31:241-7. 2008..Because the interaction of phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitors with either an organic nitrate or alpha-blocker may theoretically increase the risk of ION, we conducted a screening study to determine if such a risk might exist...
- Postmarketing surveillance rates of uveitis and scleritis with bisphosphonates among a national veteran cohortDustin D French
VISN 8 Patient Safety Center of Inquiry, James A Haley Hospital, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
Retina 28:889-93. 2008..Uveitis and scleritis are the most serious ocular side effects of bisphosphonate therapy. The purpose of this study was to determine the 6-month rates of uveitis/scleritis following dispensing of bisphosphonates in a large veteran cohort...
- Postmarketing surveillance of corneal edema, Fuchs dystrophy, and amantadine use in the Veterans Health AdministrationDustin D French
VISN 8 Patient Safety Center of Inquiry, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
Cornea 26:1087-9. 2007..To determine the proportion of patients who were dispensed amantadine and diagnosed with corneal edema or Fuchs dystrophy within specified time frames...
- The blind photographer. Observations on the bewildering nature of feigned vision lossCurtis E Margo
Departments of Ophthalmology CEM, Leh, MD and Pathology and Cell Biology CEM, Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
J Neuroophthalmol 33:367-9. 2013..We describe the historical figure of John Howard Griffin (1920-1980) who likely perpetuated feigned vision loss for a decade. His writings provide a unique perspective on motivation (or inspiration) behind factitious disease...
- Diet pills and the cataract outbreak of 1935: reflections on the evolution of consumer protection legislationCurtis E Margo
Department of Ophthalmology, Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida, FL, USA Electronic address
Surv Ophthalmol 59:568-73. 2014..We review the DNP cataract outbreak and examine it in context of the challenges facing regulatory reform at that time. ..
- Uveitis: the collaborative diagnostic evaluationLynn E Harman
University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa, FL, USA
Am Fam Physician 90:711-6. 2014..Primary ocular lymphoma should be considered in persons older than 50 years with persistent intermediate or posterior uveitis that does not respond to anti-inflammatory therapy. ..
- Blindness and the age of enlightenment: Diderot's letter on the blindCurtis E Margo
Department of Ophthalmology, University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
JAMA Ophthalmol 131:98-102. 2013..The essay did little to resolve any philosophical controversy, but it marked a turning point in Western attitudes toward visual disability...
- Ocular pseudoexfoliation and cardiovascular disease: a national cross-section comparison studyDustin D French
Department of Ophthalmology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and VA Center of Excellence Chicago, IL, USA
N Am J Med Sci 4:468-73. 2012..The microfibrillar material that gives rise to the condition is visible clinically in the anterior segment of the eye, and is also found in other tissues, including blood vessels, skin, gallbladder, kidneys, lungs, and heart...
- Diagnosis of limited ophthalmic Wegener granulomatosis: distinctive pathologic features with ANCA test confirmationMuna Ahmed
Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institute, Harvard Medical School, 8th Floor, 5 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Int Ophthalmol 28:35-46. 2008..To describe the clinical and histopathologic finding of very limited ophthalmic Wegener granulomatosis (WG)...
- Prevalence of phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor use in the VHA in 2004 and 2005 is twice that of a commercial health plan in 2001Dustin D French
J Manag Care Pharm 12:692-3. 2006
- Hospitalization for nontraumatic disorders of the eye and ocular adnexa: analysis of the Florida agency for health care administration data setZuber D Mulla
Discipline of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, El Paso Regional Campus, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 122:262-6. 2004..To study the demographic features and patterns of hospital admission in Florida for nontraumatic disorders of the eye and ocular adnexa...