Dante J Marciani
- Degradation of Quillaja saponaria Molina saponins: loss of the protective effects of a herpes simplex virus 1 subunit vaccineDante J Marcian
Galenica Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Birmingham, AL 35344, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 2:1703-11. 2002..Increasing the dose of DS-saponins tenfold resulted in a marginal increase in protection. These results show that degradation of Q. saponins during storage can have a deleterious effect on vaccines' efficacies...
- Fractionation, structural studies, and immunological characterization of the semi-synthetic Quillaja saponins derivative GPI-0100Dante J Marciani
Galenica Pharmaceuticals Inc, 2800 Milan Court, Suite 118, Birmingham, AL 35211, USA
Vaccine 21:3961-71. 2003..UFGPI-0100 was free of acylated quillaja saponin components, including the more stable QS-7...
- Vaccine adjuvants: role and mechanisms of action in vaccine immunogenicityDante J Marciani
Galenica Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 2800 Milan Court, Suite 118, Birmingham, Alabama 35211, USA
Drug Discov Today 8:934-43. 2003..Because of the crucial immunomodulating role of adjuvants, sub-unit vaccine development will remain dependent on new adjuvants...
- Effect of an immune enhancer, GPI-0100, on vaccination with live attenuated herpes simplex virus (HSV) type 2 or glycoprotein D on genital HSV-2 infections of guinea pigsDebra C Quenelle
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Department of Pediatrics, Birmingham, AL 35233 1711, USA
Antiviral Res 80:223-4. 2008..Neither vaccine had any therapeutic effect if administered 24 h after viral infection...
- Effect of immunization with herpes simplex virus type-1 (HSV-1) glycoprotein D (gD) plus the immune enhancer GPI-0100 on infection with HSV-1 or HSV-2Debra C Quenelle
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Department of Pediatrics, CHB 128, 1600 6th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35233 1711, USA
Vaccine 24:1515-22. 2006..There was, however, a significant improvement in clinical herpetic genital disease with the combination of gD plus the immune enhancer GPI-0100...
- Effectiveness of the quillaja saponin semi-synthetic analog GPI-0100 in potentiating mucosal and systemic responses to recombinant HagB from Porphyromonas gingivalisPing Zhang
Microbiology Department, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Vaccine 21:4459-71. 2003..These results demonstrate the effectiveness of GPI-0100 as both a systemic and mucosal adjuvant and support its potential use in the development of vaccines against periodontal, as well as other pathogens...