- Between two worldsIshak A Mansi
Department of Medicine and Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Outcomes and Health services Research, University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 94:442-3. 2014..To reflect on the challenges of caring for an elderly ill parent who lives afar and to pronounce the importance of system-wide standards in nursing homes and elderly care...
- Statins and musculoskeletal conditions, arthropathies, and injuriesIshak Mansi
Department of Medicine, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, USA
JAMA Intern Med 173:1-10. 2013..Statin use may be associated with increased musculoskeletal adverse events, especially in physically active individuals...
- Psychologic disorders and statin use: a propensity score-matched analysisIshak Mansi
Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Pharmacotherapy 33:615-26. 2013..To evaluate the association between statin therapy and the risk of psychologic disorders including schizophrenia, psychosis, major depression, and bipolar disorder in a military population...
- Association of statin use with cataracts: a propensity score-matched analysisJessica Leuschen
Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgery Center, San Antonio, Texas2San Antonio Military Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas
JAMA Ophthalmol 131:1427-34. 2013..Investigators have previously hypothesized that statin antioxidant effects may slow the natural aging process of the lens...
- Frequency of development of connective tissue disease in statin-users versus nonusersThomas Schmidt
Rheumatology Department, San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium, San Antonio Military Medical Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Am J Cardiol 112:883-8. 2013..80; 95% confidence interval: 0.64 to 0.99; p = 0.05). Secondary analysis and sensitivity analysis confirmed these results. In conclusion, statin use was associated with a lower risk of CTD...