William J Mallon
- The association of suprascapular neuropathy with massive rotator cuff tears: a preliminary reportWilliam J Mallon
Triangle Orthopaedic Associates, Durham, NC 27704, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 15:395-8. 2006..We conclude that suprascapular neuropathy may be associated with massive rotator cuff tears, and that partial rotator cuff repair may allow recovery of the nerve and improvement of function...
- Surgical treatment of partial biceps tendon ruptures at the elbowDavid T Dellaero
Triangle Orthopaedic Associates, PA, Durham, NC 27704, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 15:215-7. 2006..If the diagnosis of partial tendon tear is made, surgical repair is a safe and effective method of treatment...
- Sterile synovio-cutaneous fistula: a potential complication of repair of large and massive rotator cuff tearsRichard S Richards
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 15:436-9. 2006..We conclude that a sterile synovio-cutaneous fistula is a possible complication of mobilization and repair of large or massive rotator cuff tears...
- Long-term activity restrictions after shoulder arthroplasty: an international survey of experienced shoulder surgeonsRobert A Magnussen
Duke Sports Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 20:281-9. 2011....
- Combined pectoralis major and latissimus dorsi tendon transfer for massive rotator cuff deficiencyJ Mack Aldridge
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 13:621-9. 2004..However, it is difficult to conclude, based on our experience, for which patients this surgery can be predictably successful...
- Hook of the hamate fractures in competitive golfers: results of treatment by excision of the fractured hook of the hamateJulian M Aldridge
Duke University Medical Center, Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Orthopedics 26:717-9. 2003..Regardless of etiology, prompt diagnosis and treatment of this injury with excision of the fractured hook of the hamate bone allows competitive golfers to return to their previous level of competition...
- The impact of preoperative smoking habits on the results of rotator cuff repairWilliam J Mallon
Triangle Orthopaedic Associates, Durham, NC, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 13:129-32. 2004..On the basis of our data, nonsmokers undergoing rotator cuff repair have greater improvement of pain and better results postoperatively than smokers...