W R McFarlane
Affiliation: Maine Medical Center
- Multifamily group psychoeducation and cognitive remediation for first-episode psychosis: a randomized controlled trialNicholas Jk Breitborde
Department of Psychiatry, University of Arizona, Tucson, 85724 5002, USA
BMC Psychiatry 11:9. 2011....
- Prevention of the first episode of psychosisWilliam R McFarlane
Department of Psychiatry, Tufts University Medical School, 136 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 34:95-107. 2011..Both efforts are bearing success, although there remains ambiguity as to the most effective preventive interventions. This article reviews the leading studies of, and remaining issues for, this important enterprise...
- Predictors of dissemination of family psychoeducation in community mental health centers in Maine and IllinoisW R McFarlane
Maine Medical Center, Portland 04102, USA
Psychiatr Serv 52:935-42. 2001..The aim of this study was to determine whether it is possible at the time of staff training to predict whether a mental health center will succeed in implementing family psychoeducation services...
- Family psychoeducation and schizophrenia: a review of the literatureWilliam R McFarlane
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont, Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine, USA
J Marital Fam Ther 29:223-45. 2003..Through consensus among patient and family advocacy organizations, clinician training, and ongoing technical consultation and supervision, this approach has been implemented in routine clinical settings...
- Portland identification and early referral: a community-based system for identifying and treating youths at high risk of psychosisWilliam R McFarlane
Center for Psychiatric Research, Maine Medical Center, 295 Park Ave, Portland, ME 04102, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:512-5. 2010..The Portland [Maine] Identification and Early Referral (PIER) program was established in 2000 as a prevention system for identifying and treating youths at high risk of an initial psychotic episode...
- Family expressed emotion prior to onset of psychosisWilliam R McFarlane
University of Vermont, Center for Psychiatric Research, Maine Medical Center 22 Bramhall Street, Portland, ME 04102, USA
Fam Process 46:185-97. 2007....
- Employment outcomes in family-aided assertive community treatmentW R McFarlane
Maine Medical Center, Portland, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 70:203-14. 2000..No evidence was found that competitive work presented a significant risk for relapse...
- Clinical factors associated with employment among people with severe mental illness: findings from the employment intervention demonstration programLisa A Razzano
Center on Mental Health Services Research and Policy, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60603, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:705-13. 2005..These findings suggest ways that providers can tailor supported employment programs to achieve success with a diverse array of clinical subpopulations...
- Effects of co-occurring disorders on employment outcomes in a multisite randomized study of supported employment for people with severe mental illnessJudith A Cook
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 44:837-49. 2007..The results suggest that, with some exceptions, comorbidities affect employment outcomes, requiring tailored services and supports to promote vocational success...
- Results of a multisite randomized trial of supported employment interventions for individuals with severe mental illnessJudith A Cook
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:505-12. 2005..This multisite study tested the effectiveness of supported employment (SE) models combining clinical and vocational rehabilitation services to establish competitive employment...
- Estimated payments to employment service providers for persons with mental illness in the Ticket to Work programJudith A Cook
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 104 South Michigan Avenue, Suite 900, Chicago, Illinois 60615, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:465-71. 2006..This study calculated the amount of payments that would have been made to employment service providers if study participants had been enrolled in the Ticket program...
- Multifamily group treatment in a program for patients with first-episode psychosis: experiences from the TIPS projectAnne Fjell
Ulleval University Hospital, N 0407 Oslo, Norway
Psychiatr Serv 58:171-3. 2007..Treatment was well received by patients and families. Care should be taken to prevent a long delay before group commencement at this stressful period in the lives of patients and families...
- Service use among patients with schizophrenia in psychoeducational multiple-family group treatmentDennis G Dyck
Washington State University Spokane, Washington Institute for Mental Illness Research and Training, Medical Lake 99022, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:749-54. 2002....
- Integration of psychiatric and vocational services: a multisite randomized, controlled trial of supported employmentJudith A Cook
UIC Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 104 South Michigan Ave, Suite 900, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:1948-56. 2005..This multisite, randomized implementation effectiveness trial examined the impact of highly integrated psychiatric and vocational rehabilitation services on the likelihood of successful work outcomes...
- Psychosis: Early Detection, Intervention and PreventionWilliam McFarlane; Fiscal Year: 2007..It will allow the analysis of key social factors contributing to psychosis and their interaction with the treatment conditions and each other. ..