Michelle F Magee
- Synergy to reduce emergency department visits for uncontrolled hyperglycemiaMichelle F Magee
MedStar Diabetes and Research Institutes, Washington Hospital Center, 100 Irving St, NW, EB 4114, Washington, DC 20012, USA
Diabetes Educ 39:354-64. 2013....
- Hemoglobin A1c testing in an emergency departmentMichelle F Magee
MedStar Health Research Institute, Hyattsville, Maryland 20010, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 5:1437-43. 2011..In this article, we report on potential roles for point-of-care (POC) A1C testing in the ED for patients presenting with uncontrolled hyperglycemia...
- Lack of awareness of erectile dysfunction in many men with risk factors for erectile dysfunctionRidwan Shabsigh
Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, and Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
BMC Urol 10:18. 2010....
- Rationale, design, and methods for glycemic control in the Bypass Angioplasty Revascularization Investigation 2 Diabetes (BARI 2D) TrialMichelle F Magee
MedStar Diabetes Institute, MedStar Research Institute at Washington Hospital Center and Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Am J Cardiol 97:20G-30G. 2006..This article presents the rationale, design, and methods being used to test the glycemic control hypothesis in BARI 2D...
- Hospital protocols for targeted glycemic control: Development, implementation, and models for cost justificationMichelle F Magee
Georgetown University School of Medicine Medstar Research Institute, 100 Irving St, NW, East Building, Room 4114, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:S15-20; quiz S21-3. 2007..c.) insulin order sets, and strategies for implementation and cost justification of glycemic control initiatives are discussed...
- Practical strategies for developing the business case for hospital glycemic control teamsMichelle F Magee
MedStar Diabetes and Research Institutes, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Hosp Med 3:76-83. 2008..Examples from the literature and of analyses to support each of these models are presented...
- Association between blood glucose levels and development of candidemia in hospitalized patientsShmuel Shoham
Section of Infectious Diseases, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, District of Columbia Immunocompromised Host Section, Pediatric Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland
Endocr Pract 15:111-5. 2009..To examine the relationship between blood glucose levels in hospitalized patients and the risk of occurrence of candidemia...
- Subcutaneous insulin therapy in the hospital setting: issues, concerns, and implementationMichelle F Magee
MedStar Research Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
Endocr Pract 10:81-8. 2004..To summarize issues and recommendations regarding subcutaneous insulin therapy in various clinical settings in the hospital...
- Management of diabetes and hyperglycemia in hospitalsStephen Clement
Department of Endocrinology, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Diabetes Care 27:553-91. 2004