Thomas M Maddox
- Clopidogrel use and hospital quality in medically managed patients with non-ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarctionThomas M Maddox
VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System, Denver, CO, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 5:523-31. 2012..However, clopidogrel has historically been underused in this population. We evaluated contemporary rates of its use and evaluated associated factors, with a particular focus on hospital quality of myocardial infarction (MI) care...
- Recent hospitalization for non-coronary events and use of preventive medications for coronary artery disease: an observational cohort studySteven M Bradley
Health Services Research and Development Northwest Center of Excellence, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, and University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 11:42. 2011....
- Blood pressure trajectories and associations with treatment intensification, medication adherence, and outcomes among newly diagnosed coronary artery disease patientsThomas M Maddox
Cardiology Section, Denver VAMC University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 3:347-57. 2010..However, longitudinal studies evaluating these relationships and outcomes are limited...
- Medication adherence and the patient with coronary artery disease: challenges for the practitionerThomas M Maddox
Denver VAMC, USA bUniversity of Colorado, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 24:468-72. 2009..Despite its importance, nonadherence remains a significant problem among this population, and a variety of studies have sought to determine its prevalence, contributing factors, and interventions for improvement...
- Impaired heart rate recovery is associated with new-onset atrial fibrillation: a prospective cohort studyThomas M Maddox
Cardiology Section, Denver VAMC, Denver, CO, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 9:11. 2009..However, whether impaired HRR is associated with incident AF is unknown. We studied the association of impaired HRR with the development of incident AF, after controlling for demographic and clinical confounders...
- Health-related quality-of-life outcomes among coronary artery bypass graft surgery patientsThomas M Maddox
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Science Center Staff Cardiologist, Section of Cardiology, Denver VAMC, Denver, CO, USA
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 7:365-72. 2007..We will also offer our view on the current state and future directions of HRQL assessment and use...
- The prognostic importance of abnormal heart rate recovery and chronotropic response among exercise treadmill test patientsThomas M Maddox
Denver VAMC University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO 80209, USA
Am Heart J 156:736-44. 2008..However, little is known about their prognostic use in combination and in addition to the Duke Treadmill Score (DTS)...
- Angina at 1 year after myocardial infarction: prevalence and associated findingsThomas M Maddox
Cardiology Section 111B, Denver Veterans Affairs MedicalCenter, 1055 Clermont St, Denver, CO 80209, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1310-6. 2008..Eradication of angina is a primary goal of care after myocardial infarction (MI). However, the prevalence of angina 1 year after MI and factors associated with it are unknown...
- Utilization of secondary prevention therapies in patients with nonobstructive coronary artery disease identified during cardiac catheterization: insights from the National Cardiovascular Data Registry Cath-PCI RegistryThomas M Maddox
Denver VAMC University of Colorado Denver, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 3:632-41. 2010..Therefore, we compared rates of secondary prevention medication prescription between patients with nonobstructive and obstructive CAD...
- One-year health status outcomes of unstable angina versus myocardial infarction: a prospective, observational cohort study of ACS survivorsThomas M Maddox
Denver VAMC University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, CO, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 7:28. 2007..Little is known, however, about the health status outcomes (angina, physical function, and quality of life) of UA versus MI patients among survivors of an ACS hospitalization...
- Delays in filling clopidogrel prescription after hospital discharge and adverse outcomes after drug-eluting stent implantation: implications for transitions of careP Michael Ho
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente of Colorado, Denver, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 3:261-6. 2010..The frequency with which patients delay filling a clopidogrel prescription after DES implantation and the association of this delay with adverse outcomes is unknown...
- Increased risk of bleeding in patients on clopidogrel therapy after drug-eluting stents implantation: insights from the HMO Research Network-Stent Registry (HMORN-stent)Thomas T Tsai
Denver VA Medical Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 3:230-5. 2010..Little is known about the competing risk of bleeding from clopidogrel in "real world" clinical practice...
- Contraindicated medication use in dialysis patients undergoing percutaneous coronary interventionThomas T Tsai
Denver VA Medical Center, Cardiology Section 111B, 1055 Clermont St, Denver, CO 80220, USA
JAMA 302:2458-64. 2009..Little is known about the use of such medications and their effects on outcomes in clinical practice...
- Impaired chronotropic response to exercise stress testing in patients with diabetes predicts future cardiovascular eventsP Michael Ho
1Denver VA Medical Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Diabetes Care 31:1531-3. 2008..To assess the association between impaired chronotropic response (CR) and adverse events among patients with diabetes referred for exercise treadmill testing (ETT)...
- Medication nonadherence is associated with a broad range of adverse outcomes in patients with coronary artery diseaseP Michael Ho
Cardiology Section, Denver VA Medical Center, Denver, CO, USA
Am Heart J 155:772-9. 2008..Little is known about the effect of nonadherence among patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) on a broad spectrum of outcomes including cardiovascular mortality, cardiovascular hospitalizations, and revascularization procedures...
- Risk of adverse outcomes associated with concomitant use of clopidogrel and proton pump inhibitors following acute coronary syndromeP Michael Ho
Denver VA Medical Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
JAMA 301:937-44. 2009..Prior mechanistic studies reported that omeprazole decreases the platelet inhibitory effects of clopidogrel, yet the clinical significance of these findings is not clear...
- Impact of medication nonadherence on hospitalizations and mortality in heart failureAshley A Fitzgerald
Division of Cardiology, Denver VA Medical Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Card Fail 17:664-9. 2011..Limited literature exists on the association between medication adherence and outcomes among patients with heart failure...
- Modifiable factors associated with failure to attain low-density lipoprotein cholesterol goal at 6 months after acute myocardial infarctionSeth S Martin
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Am Heart J 165:26-33.e3. 2013..We sought to illuminate patient and provider characteristics associated with LDL-C goal nonattainment after AMI...
- Feasibility of proactive medical device surveillance: the VA Clinical Assessment Reporting and Tracking (CART) programThomas T Tsai
VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System, Department of Medicine, CART Coordinating Center, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Med Care 51:S57-61. 2013..Cardiac catheterization laboratories are high-device utilization areas well suited for device surveillance...
- Aging of the United States population: impact on heart failureRebecca Vigen
Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Curr Heart Fail Rep 9:369-74. 2012....
- Update on diabetic cardiomyopathy: inches forward, miles to goMaggie N Tillquist
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
Curr Diab Rep 12:305-13. 2012..These recent insights provide important additions to our knowledge about diabetic cardiomyopathy, but much remains unknown...
- Preoperative cardiovascular evaluation for noncardiac surgeryThomas M Maddox
Zena and Michael A Wiener Cardiovascular Institute, Box 1030, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One East 100th Street, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 72:185-92. 2005..The best risk reduction strategy for these patients is perioperative beta blockade use. The role of coronary revascularization specifically to reduce perioperative cardiac complications remains unproven...