Miguel G Madariaga
- Polymyositis-like syndrome in hypothyroidism: review of cases reported over the past twenty-five yearsMiguel G Madariaga
Rush Medical College, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Thyroid 12:331-6. 2002..Clinical judgment alone may not be sufficient to suspect and detect these patients. Serum TSH levels should be routinely determined in all patients with muscle weakness or elevation of creatine kinase...
- Q fever: a biological weapon in your backyardMiguel G Madariaga
Division of Infectious Disease, Cook County Hospital, Chicago and the Section of Infectious Diseases, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 3:709-21. 2003..Effective antibiotic treatment is available for the acute form of disease but not for the chronic complications. Vaccination and chemoprophylaxis in selected individuals may be used in the event of bioterrorism...
- Trichosporon inkin peritonitis treated with caspofunginMiguel G Madariaga
Rush Medical College and Cook County Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Clin Microbiol 41:5827-9. 2003..We describe the third reported case of T. inkin peritonitis associated with peritoneal dialysis and the first to be treated with caspofungin...
- Q fever endocarditis in HIV-infected patientMiguel G Madariaga
Division of Infectious Disease, Cook County Hospital, Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 10:501-4. 2004..We review the current literature on Q fever endocarditis, with an emphasis on the co-infection of HIV and Coxiella burnetii...
- Learning by doing: developing fellows' academic skills through collaborative researchMiguel G Madariaga
John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL, USA
Med Teach 28:77-80. 2006..This problem-based approach for learning research methods seems more effective than traditional methods and may be applicable to a broad range of training programs...
- Why don't they listen? Adherence to recommendations of infectious disease consultationsEvelyn Lo
John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, Rush PresbyterianSt Luke s Medical Center, and Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:1212-8. 2004..Whether modification of consultant practice will lead to improved recommendation compliance and patient outcomes warrants further study...