Binh An P Phan
Affiliation: Loyola University Medical Center
- Effects of niacin on glucose levels, coronary stenosis progression, and clinical events in subjects with normal baseline glucose levels (<100 mg/dl): a combined analysis of the Familial Atherosclerosis Treatment Study (FATS), HDL-Atherosclerosis TreatmBinh An P Phan
Division of Cardiology, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Am J Cardiol 111:352-5. 2013....
- Is the future of statins aligned with new novel lipid modulation therapies?Binh An P Phan
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Medical Center, 2160 S First Avenue, Bldg 110, Rm 6221, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 15:300. 2013..Although statin therapy is the current recommended primary treatment for dyslipidemia, emerging novel agents may become adjuvant therapies in the treatment of atherosclerotic heart disease...
- Testing the hypothesis of atherosclerotic plaque lipid depletion during lipid therapy by magnetic resonance imaging: study design of Carotid Plaque Composition StudyXue Qiao Zhao
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98103, USA
Am Heart J 154:239-46. 2007..In vivo testing of the lipid depletion hypothesis in human beings during lipid-modifying therapy has not been possible until recent developments in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Association of high-density lipoprotein levels and carotid atherosclerotic plaque characteristics by magnetic resonance imagingBinh An P Phan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, 1914 N 34th Street, Suite 105, Seattle, WA, 98103 8771, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 23:337-42. 2007..81 +/- 19 mm(3), P = 0.05) compared with patients with HDL levels > 35 mg/dL. Among CAD patients, low HDL-C levels were significantly associated with increased carotid atherosclerotic plaque burden and lipid content by MRI...
- Ezetimibe therapy: mechanism of action and clinical updateBinh An P Phan
Division of Cardiology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 8:415-27. 2012....
- Confirmation of Chagas' cardiomyopathy following heart transplantationBinh An P Phan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, 1914 N 34th Street, Suite 105, Seattle, WA 98103, USA
Heart Vessels 21:325-7. 2006..We review the epidemiology, cardiac pathology, and evaluation of patients with Chagas' cardiac disease. We discuss the clinical features of Chagas' cardiomyopathy and available treatments including cardiac transplantation...
- Effects of adding extended-release niacin and colesevelam to statin therapy on lipid levels in subjects with atherosclerotic diseaseAndrew Moore
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Box 358771, 1914 North 34th Street, Suite 204, Seattle, WA 98103, USA
J Clin Lipidol 1:620-5. 2007..We conducted a study to assess the efficacy and safety of combination therapy with statin plus extended-release (ER) niacin and colesevelam, aimed at lowering LDL-C and raising HDL-C, in subjects with atherosclerotic disease...