Nora A Murphy
Affiliation: Loyola Marymount University
- Reliability and validity of nonverbal thin slices in social interactionsNora A Murphy
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 41:199-213. 2015..5-min slice from the start of an interaction may adequately represent some behaviors. Results provide useful information to researchers making decisions about slice measurement of behavior. ..
- Recognition of posed and spontaneous dynamic smiles in young and older adultsNora A Murphy
Department of Psychology, Loyola Marymount University, 1 LMU Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
Psychol Aging 25:811-21. 2010..In future research, both the sources (cues) and behavioral effects of age-related differences in the discrimination of positive expressions should be investigated...
- Accurate intelligence assessments in social interactions: mediators and gender effectsNora A Murphy
Department of Psychology, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pers 71:465-93. 2003..Additionally, judge and target gender contributed to accurate intelligence assessments...
- Communication patterns and satisfaction levels in three-dimensional versus real-life intimate relationshipsRichard L Gilbert
The Psychological Research on Synthetic Environments Project, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California 90045, USA
Cyberpsychol Behav Soc Netw 14:585-9. 2011....
- Preferences for emotional information in older and younger adults: a meta-analysis of memory and attention tasksNora A Murphy
Department of Psychology, Brandeis University, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
Psychol Aging 23:263-86. 2008..Type of measurement appeared to influence the magnitude of effects; recognition studies indicated significant age effects, where older adults showed smaller effects for emotion salience and negativity preferences than younger adults...