Affiliation: Loyola University Medical Center
- Combination therapy or monotherapy for the depressed type of schizoaffective disorderLubomira Izáková
Psychiatric Clinic, Faculty of Medicine Comenius University and Faculty Hospital, Bratislava, Slovakia
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 5:91-101. 2009..Both treatments were comparable in terms of antidepressant efficacy...
- Inflammation, heart disease, and depressionAngelos Halaris
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 15:400. 2013..This results in a shunt in tryprophan metabolism away from serotonin formation and down the kynurenine pathway with resulting formation of neurotoxic metabolites. ..
- Agmatine : metabolic pathway and spectrum of activity in brainAngelos Halaris
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
CNS Drugs 21:885-900. 2007..The possible roles and/or beneficial effects of agmatine in stress-related disorders, such as depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder, merit further investigation...
- Comorbidity between depression and cardiovascular diseaseA Halaris
Department of Psychiatry, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Int Angiol 28:92-9. 2009..Comorbid depression must be treated vigorously and SSRIs exert beneficial action not only in ameliorating depression but also in reversing platelet activation and inflammation, thereby reducing cardiovascular morbidity and mortality...
- A primary care focus on the diagnosis and treatment of major depressive disorder in adultsAngelos Halaris
Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 17:340-50. 2011..Considerations that strongly influence long-term patient adherence, including tolerability and cost, are also reviewed...
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor: a potential diagnostic biomarker for major depressionAnne Clark-Raymond
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
J Psychiatr Res 59:22-7. 2014..The specificity of this potential biomarker must be confirmed in studies that include other psychiatric disease entities...
- Pro-inflammatory biomakers in depression: treatment with venlafaxineJohn E Piletz
Department of Psychiatry, Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
World J Biol Psychiatry 10:313-23. 2009..09), and MCP-1 (P=0.02), suggesting that these biomarkers may have become selectively lowered in the serotonergic dose range of venlafaxine. This is the first report of venlafaxine's possible effect on pro-inflammatory biomarkers...
- VEGF and depression: a comprehensive assessment of clinical dataAnne Clark-Raymond
Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Loyola University Medical Center, USA
J Psychiatr Res 47:1080-7. 2013....
- Platelet imidazoline receptors as state marker of depressive symptomatologyJohn Piletz
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, United States
J Psychiatr Res 42:41-9. 2008..It has been hypothesized that IR-1 up-regulation during the depressive episode may be a state marker for depressive symptomatology. The goal of the present study was to address the state versus trait question...
- Effect of agmatine against cell death induced by NMDA and glutamate in neurons and PC12 cellsMeng Yang Zhu
Division of Neurobiology and Behavior Research, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, USA
Cell Mol Neurobiol 23:865-72. 2003..1...
- IMIDAZOLINE RECEPTORS IN DEPRESSION--CLINICAL STUDIESAngelos Halaris; Fiscal Year: 2001....