R C Flanigan
Affiliation: Loyola University Chicago
- The role of resection for patients with renal carcinomaR C Flanigan
Department of Urology, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Medical Center, 2160 South First Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 3:424-32. 2001..Recent findings from a Southwest Oncology Group trial strongly suggest that cytoreductive nephrectomy, combined with immunotherapy, may also result in improved survival in patients with unresectable metastases...
- Nephrectomy followed by interferon alfa-2b compared with interferon alfa-2b alone for metastatic renal-cell cancerR C Flanigan
Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Ill, USA
N Engl J Med 345:1655-9. 2001..The value of nephrectomy in metastatic renal-cell cancer has long been debated. Several nonrandomized studies suggest a higher rate of response to systemic therapy and longer survival in patients who have undergone nephrectomy...
- The role of radical nephrectomy in metastatic renal cell carcinomaR C Flanigan
Department of Urology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153-5500, USA
Semin Urol Oncol 19:98-102. 2001..The timing of cytoreduction, and in which patients it may be most applicable, are discussed herein...
- Renal FNA-based typing of renal masses remains a useful adjunctive modality: evaluation of 31 renal masses with correlative histologyS Masoom
Department of Pathology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Cytopathology 20:50-5. 2009..Consequently, there is a pressing need for accurate typing of RCCs which, in turn, will aid in selection of cases of nephron-sparing surgery...
- Is a 1-CM margin necessary during nephron-sparing surgery for renal cell carcinoma?N Y Piper
Department of Urology, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, USA
Urology 58:849-52. 2001..To determine whether a 1-cm margin is necessary for cancer control during nephron-sparing surgery (NSS) for renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Alterations in peripheral B cells and B cell progenitors following androgen ablation in miceT M Ellis
Department of Medicine, Loyola University School of Medicine, 2160 South First Avenue Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Int Immunol 13:553-8. 2001..Further, these alterations result from the potentiating effects of androgen ablation on IL-7-responsive pro-B cell progenitors...
- Androgen receptor levels are increased by interferons in human prostate stromal and epithelial cellsZ Basrawala
Department of Urology, Loyola University Chicago, and Edward Hines Jr VA Hospital, Hines, IL 60141, USA
Oncogene 25:2812-7. 2006....
- T cell infiltration of the prostate induced by androgen withdrawal in patients with prostate cancerM Mercader
Department of Urology, Loyola University of Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:14565-70. 2001....
- Renal tumors in young adultsS E Eggener
Department of Urology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Urol 171:106-10. 2004..RCC in this patient population appears to have a favorable prognosis, despite symptomatic presentation in the majority of cases...