Rima M Dafer
Affiliation: Loyola University Medical Center
- Risk estimates of stroke after coronary artery bypass graft and carotid endarterectomyRima M Dafer
Department of Neurology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, 2160 South First Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Neurol Clin 24:795-806, xi. 2006..The incidence and severity of such complications vary according to the type of surgical procedure and usually correlate with patients' preoperative general medical condition, duration of surgeries, and intraoperative complications...
- Desmoteplase in the treatment of acute ischemic strokeRima M Dafer
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Department of Neurology, Maywood, IL 60163, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 7:333-7. 2007..This article reviews the available data on desmoteplase, including discussion of its favorable features and potential benefit beyond the 3-h time window in the treatment of ischemic stroke...
- Antiphospholipid syndrome: role of antiphospholipid antibodies in neurologyRima M Dafer
Department of Neurology, Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, 2160 South First Avenue, 2700 McGuire, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 22:95-105, vii. 2008..The association of aPLs with other nonthrombotic neurological disorders remains of unclear significance. This article reviews the definition of APS, its clinical presentations, and therapeutic approaches...
- Headache and the eyeRima M Dafer
Department of Neurology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 20:520-4. 2009..Visual disturbances and ocular symptoms are common manifestations of two primary headache disorders, migraine and trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias, and many secondary headache disorders...
- Resolution of paroxysmal hemicrania after resection of intracranial meningiomaRima M Dafer
Loyola University, Chicago, IL, USA
Semin Ophthalmol 25:34-5. 2010..The preferred neuro-radiologic procedure should be a cranial MRI to exclude underlying structural intracranial lesions, particularly in the sellar and parasellar regions...
- Neurostimulation in headache disordersRima M Dafer
Department of Neurology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, 2160 South First Avenue, 2700 McGuire, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Neurol Clin 28:835-41. 2010..The trials should be well designed, taking into account the potential risks and complications associated with such therapies...
- Motor cortex stimulation: functional magnetic resonance imaging-localized treatment for three sources of intractable facial painDarian R Esfahani
Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, USA
J Neurosurg 114:189-95. 2011..The authors' results affirm the efficacy and broaden the application of motor cortex stimulation to several forms of intractable facial pain...
- Successful delayed thrombolysis for cerebral venous and dural sinus thrombosis: a case report and review of the literatureSara E Hocker
Department of Neurology, Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 17:429-32. 2008....