Affiliation: Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute
- Exhaled aerosol transmission of pandemic and seasonal H1N1 influenza viruses in the ferretFrederick Koster
Program in Applied Science, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33118. 2012....
- Convalescent pulmonary dysfunction following hantavirus pulmonary syndrome in Panama and the United StatesFernando Gracia
Ministry of Health, Panama City, Republic of Panama
Lung 188:387-91. 2010..Temporary exertional dyspnea and reduced expiratory flow are common in early convalescence after HPS but resolves in almost all patients...
- Milestones in progression of primary pneumonic plague in cynomolgus macaquesFrederick Koster
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Infect Immun 78:2946-55. 2010..Defined milestones of disease progression, particularly the onset of fever, tachypnea, and bacteremia, should be useful for evaluating the efficacy of candidate vaccines...
- Primary pneumonic plague in the African Green monkey as a model for treatment efficacy evaluationR Colby Layton
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, NM, USA
J Med Primatol 40:6-17. 2011..Primary pneumonic plague is rare among humans, but treatment efficacy may be tested in appropriate animal models under the FDA 'Animal Rule'...
- Delta inulin polysaccharide adjuvant enhances the ability of split-virion H5N1 vaccine to protect against lethal challenge in ferretsR Colby Layton
Infectious Diseases, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Vaccine 29:6242-51. 2011....
- Transmission of aerosolized seasonal H1N1 influenza A to ferretsHeather Macinnes
Program in Infectious Disease, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24448. 2011..Thus after inhalation, this seasonal H1N1 virus may replicate less efficiently than H3N2 virus after mucosal deposition and exhibit less contagion after aerosol exposure...
- Enhanced immunogenicity, mortality protection, and reduced viral brain invasion by alum adjuvant with an H5N1 split-virion vaccine in the ferretRobert Colby Layton
Infectious Diseases Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20641. 2011..Identification of an acceptable effective adjuvant is needed to improve immunogenicity of a split-virion avian influenza vaccine...
- Confirmation of Choclo virus as the cause of hantavirus cardiopulmonary syndrome and high serum antibody prevalence in PanamaRandin Nelson
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico
J Med Virol 82:1586-93. 2010....
- Levofloxacin cures experimental pneumonic plague in African green monkeysRobert Colby Layton
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e959. 2011..Levofloxacin was tested for primary pneumonic plague treatment in a nonhuman primate model mimicking human disease...
- Hantavirus cardiopulmonary syndromeBetty Chang
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico Health Science Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 28:193-200. 2007..Ribavirin does not appear to reduce mortality, but hyperimmune serum offers a promising future therapy because survival is correlated with higher neutralizing antibody titers at admission...
- Higher level of replication efficiency of 2009 (H1N1) pandemic influenza virus than those of seasonal and avian strains: kinetics from epithelial cell culture and computational modelingHugh Mitchell
Infectious Disease Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Dr SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
J Virol 85:1125-35. 2011..This synergistic experimental-computational strategy provides relevant parameters for identifying and phenotyping potential pandemic strains...
- Characterization of shock in a hamster model of hantavirus infectionMatthew J Campen
Pathophysiology Division, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Dr SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Virology 356:45-9. 2006..Heart rate variability analysis implicated increased sympathetic nervous system activity as seen in human HCPS. The hamster model of HCPS mimics not only the pulmonary capillary leak but also the hypotension characteristic of human HCPS...