Adriana E Kajon
Affiliation: Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute
- Molecular and serological characterization of species B2 adenovirus strains isolated from children hospitalized with acute respiratory disease in Buenos Aires, ArgentinaAdriana E Kajon
Infectious Disease Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Drive SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA Electronic address
J Clin Virol 58:4-10. 2013..Garrahan in Buenos Aires, Argentina, were found to have a HAdV-B2 infection...
- Genome sequences of human adenovirus 14 isolates from mild respiratory cases and a fatal pneumonia, isolated during 2006-2007 epidemics in North AmericaHuo Shu H Houng
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, 20910, USA
Respir Res 11:116. 2010..Some outbreaks have been relatively mild, with low rates of progression beyond uncomplicated FRI, while other outbreaks have involved high rates of more serious outcomes...
- Fatal disseminated adenovirus infection in a young adult with systemic lupus erythematosusAdriana E Kajon
Infectious Disease Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Drive SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, United States
J Clin Virol 50:80-3. 2011..The role of human adenoviruses (HAdV) in the etiology of acute viral diseases in these patients is not known...
- Molecular epidemiology and brief history of emerging adenovirus 14-associated respiratory disease in the United StatesAdriana E Kajon
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
J Infect Dis 202:93-103. 2010..With no precedent of circulation in North America, HAdV-14 has been isolated from military and civilian cases of ARD of variable severity since 2003 in the United States...
- Molecular characterization of an adenovirus 3-16 intertypic recombinant isolated in Argentina from an infant hospitalized with acute respiratory infectionAdriana E Kajon
Infectious Disease Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:1494-6. 2010..Consistent with the results of molecular characterization, strain Arg827/04 was designated H3-F16...
- Outbreak of febrile respiratory illness associated with adenovirus 11a infection in a Singapore military training cAMPAdriana E Kajon
Infectious Disease Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Drive SE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:1438-41. 2010..The Singapore HAdV-11a strain is highly similar to other Asian strains of HAdV-11, including strain QS-DLL, which is responsible for the recently described 2006 outbreak of ARD in China...
- Molecular epidemiology of adenovirus type 4 infections in US military recruits in the postvaccination era (1997-2003)Adriana E Kajon
Infectious Disease Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
J Infect Dis 196:67-75. 2007..The discontinuation of Ad vaccination programs in 1999 precipitated the reemergence of Ad in training sites, with Ad4 accounting for 98% of all diagnosed cases...
- No evidence of a death-like function for species B1 human adenovirus type 3 E3-9K during A549 cell line infectionKathryn M Frietze
Infectious Disease Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Drive SE, Albuquerque, NM, USA
BMC Res Notes 5:429. 2012..9K ortholog E3-9K and examined their ability to grow, disseminate, and egress in cell culture...
- Open reading frame E3-10.9K of subspecies B1 human adenoviruses encodes a family of late orthologous proteins that vary in their predicted structural features and subcellular localizationKathryn M Frietze
Infectious Disease Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Drive SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
J Virol 84:11310-22. 2010..These data suggest a role for ORF E3-10.9K-encoded proteins at late stages of HAdV-B1 replication, with potentially important functional implications for the documented ORF polymorphism...
- Acute inflammatory response and remodeling of airway epithelium after subspecies B1 human adenovirus infection of the mouse lower respiratory tractAdriana E Kajon
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
J Med Virol 71:233-44. 2003....
- Assessment of genetic variability among subspecies b1 human adenoviruses for molecular epidemiology studiesAdriana E Kajon
Methods Mol Med 131:335-55. 2007....
- Abrupt emergence of diverse species B adenoviruses at US military recruit training centersDavid Metzgar
Respiratory Disease Laboratory, Department of Defense Center for Deployment Health Research, Naval Health Research Center, San Diego, CA 92186, USA
J Infect Dis 196:1465-73. 2007..Between 1999 and 2002, serotype 4 accounted for >95% of Ads isolated from recruits and for >50% of ARD cases in training facilities (15,000 cases/year)...
- Genotype prevalence and risk factors for severe clinical adenovirus infection, United States 2004-2006Gregory C Gray
Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases, Department of Epidemiology, University of Iowa College of Public Health, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:1120-31. 2007..Recently, epidemiological and clinical data have revealed important changes with regard to clinical adenovirus infection, including alterations in antigenic presentation, geographical distribution, and virulence of the virus...
- Transmission dynamics and prospective environmental sampling of adenovirus in a military recruit settingKevin L Russell
Department of Defense, Center for Deployment Health Research, Naval Health Research Center, San Diego, CA, 92186 5122, USA
J Infect Dis 194:877-85. 2006..The transmission dynamics of adenovirus have never been well understood, which complicates prevention efforts...
- Molecular epidemiology of adenovirus type 7 in the United States, 1966-2000Dean D Erdman
Divivion of Viral ans Ricksettial Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mailstio G 09, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:269-77. 2002..The appearance of Ad7d2 and Ad7h in North America represents recent introduction of these viruses from previously geographically restricted areas and may herald a shift in predominant genome type circulating in the United States...
- Genetic Variability and Virulence of Human Adenovirus 7Adriana Kajon; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..