Affiliation: Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute
- Automated inter-rater reliability assessment and electronic data collection in a multi-center breast cancer studySoe Soe Thwin
Geriatrics Section, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 7:23. 2007..There remains a need to examine potential benefits, efficiencies, and innovations associated with an EDC system in a multi-center medical record review study...
- Identifying US populations for the study of health effects related to drinking water arsenicFloyd J Frost
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Dr SE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 13:231-9. 2003..Mortality and incidence of diseases known to be associated with arsenic exposure can and should be examined in these counties as part of a comprehensive assessment of arsenic health effects in US populations...
- Is contaminated groundwater an important cause of viral gastroenteritis in the United States?Floyd J Frost
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Drive, SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
J Environ Health 65:9-14, 38; quiz 41-3. 2002..These surveys should include groundwater from a wide range of geological conditions...
- Physical injury risks associated with drinking water arsenic treatmentFloyd J Frost
Lovelace Clinic Foundation, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Risk Anal 22:235-43. 2002..Coagulation/microfiltration treatment will result in substantially fewer transportation deaths than either ion exchange or activated alumina...
- Analysis of serological responses to Cryptosporidium antigen among NHANES III participantsFloyd J Frost
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Ann Epidemiol 14:473-8. 2004..Intensity of responses was compared by geographic area, age, sex, race/ethnicity, income, and hepatitis A seropositivity...
- Influenza and COPD mortality protection as pleiotropic, dose-dependent effects of statinsFloyd J Frost
Health and Environmental Epidemiology Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Dr SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Chest 131:1006-12. 2007..We assessed whether statin users had reduced mortality risks from these conditions...
- A comparison of two methods for estimating the health care costs of epilepsyF J Frost
Southwest Center for Managed Care Research, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Epilepsia 41:1020-6. 2000..These methods may underestimate the cost of medical care for epilepsy. Two methods for estimating the medical care costs of epilepsy ("epilepsy-attributable cost method" and "case-control cost method") were compared...
- Serological evidence of Cryptosporidium infections in southern EuropeF J Frost
The Lovelace Clinic Foundation, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Eur J Epidemiol 16:385-90. 2000....
- Increasing hospitalization and death possibly due to Clostridium difficile diarrheal diseaseF Frost
Southwest Center for Managed Care Research, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 4:619-25. 1998..Also, 88% of Washington State death certificates (1985 to 1996) coded to unspecified enteric pathogen infections (ICD0084) listed C. difficile infection...
- Serological evidence of endemic waterborne cryptosporidium infectionsFloyd J Frost
Lovelace Clinic Foundation, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Ann Epidemiol 12:222-7. 2002..This study compared the evidence of prior Cryptosporidium infection for people drinking water derived from surface versus ground water sources...
- Using nurse hot line calls for disease surveillanceJ S Rodman
Southwest Center of Managed Care Research, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 4:329-32. 1998..Analysis of nurse hot line calls may provide an inexpensive and timely method for improving disease surveillance...
- Enteric illness risks before and after water treatment improvementsFloyd J Frost
Lovelace Clinic Foundation, 2309 Renard Pl SE, Suite 103, 87106, Albuquerque NM 87106, USA
J Water Health 7:581-9. 2009..There was a significantly increased risk of diarrhoea and highly credible gastrointestinal illness in participants with three or more episodes of the same type of illness during phase 1...
- Arsenic-induced skin conditions identified in southwest dermatology practices: an epidemiologic tool?Kristine Tollestrup
Department of Family and Community Medicine, UNM School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Environ Geochem Health 27:47-53. 2005....
- Protective immunity associated with a strong serological response to a Cryptosporidium-specific antigen group, in HIV-infected individualsFloyd J Frost
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, University of New Mexico, and Lovelace Clinic Foundation, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
J Infect Dis 192:618-21. 2005..This finding suggests that acquired protective immunity to cryptosporidiosis may be important in controlling the burden of cryptosporidiosis in immunosuppressed individuals...
- Mammography utilization after a benign breast biopsy among Hispanic and non-Hispanic womenC A Stidley
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Cancer 91:1716-23. 2001..Recently, concerns have been raised about the potential adverse effect a benign breast biopsy may have on subsequent mammography utilization, including subsequent use among minority women...
- How clean must our drinking water be: the importance of protective immunityFloyd J Frost
Lovelace Clinic Foundation, The Lovelace Respiratory Research Institutes, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
J Infect Dis 191:809-14. 2005..Users of surface-derived drinking water are more likely to have strong serological responses to this antigen group and may be at a lower risk of endemic gastrointestinal illness caused by Cryptosporidium infection...
- Predicting the costs of managing patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseDouglas W Mapel
Lovelace Clinic Foundation, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Respir Med 99:1325-33. 2005..Those interested in the economic benefits of new COPD treatments and disease management programs need to carefully account for these factors...
- An algorithm for the identification of undiagnosed COPD cases using administrative claims dataDouglas W Mapel
Lovelace Clinic Foundation, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106 4264, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 12:457-65. 2006..This undiagnosed COPD negatively affects health status, and COPD patients may have increased health care utilization several years before the initial diagnosis of COPD is made...
- Survival of COPD patients using inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting beta agonistsDouglas W Mapel
Lovelace Clinic Foundation, 2309 Renard Place SE, Suite 103, Albuquerque, NM 87106 4264, USA
Respir Med 100:595-609. 2006..In conclusion, we found that COPD patients who used ICS alone or in combination with LABA had substantially improved survival even after adjustment for asthma and other confounding factors...
- Laboratory safety monitoring of chronic medications in ambulatory care settingsJudith S Hurley
Center for Pharmacoeconomic and Outcomes Research, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:331-3. 2005..Further research is needed to determine whether, and to what extent, this failure to monitor patients is associated with adverse clinical outcomes...
- Can outpatient pharmacy data identify persons with undiagnosed COPD?Douglas W Mapel
Lovelace Clinic Foundation, 2309 Renard Pl SE, Ste 103, Albuquerque, NM 87106 4264, USA
Am J Manag Care 16:505-12. 2010..To develop and validate a method for identifying persons with undiagnosed chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) using outpatient pharmacy data...
- Economic evaluation of treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting beta2-agonists in a health maintenance organizationYves M Gagnon
Oxford Outcomes Ltd, 450-688 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Respir Med 99:1534-45. 2005..If the impact on survival seen in these trials compares to that seen in observational studies, LABA and the combination treatment are likely to be cost-effective in the United States...
- Mammography surveillance and mortality in older breast cancer survivorsTimothy L Lash
Department of Epidemiology, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:3001-6. 2007..Our purpose is to estimate the effectiveness of surveillance mammography in a cohort of breast cancer survivors with complete ascertainment of surveillance mammograms and negligible losses to follow-up...
- Mortality impact of less-than-standard therapy in older breast cancer patientsMarianne Ulcickas Yood
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Am Coll Surg 206:66-75. 2008....
- Measuring patient safety in ambulatory care: potential for identifying medical group drug-drug interaction rates using claims dataLeif I Solberg
HealthPartners Research Foundation, Minneapolis, MN 55440 1524, USA
Am J Manag Care 10:753-9. 2004....
- Mortality among children residing near the American Smelting and Refining Company (ASARCO) copper smelter in Ruston, WashingtonKristine Tollestrup
Department of Family and Community Medicine, School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Arch Environ Health 58:683-91. 2003..00: for all causes of death (1.52), ischemic heart disease (1.77), and external causes (1.93). For girls, hazard ratios were not elevated significantly for any cause of death in any exposure intensity group...