Affiliation: Louisiana State University
- Identification of ethanol responsive domains of adenylyl cyclaseMasami Yoshimura
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:1824-32. 2006..The structural elements are designated as "ethanol responsive domains."..
- Neurotransplantation of stem cells genetically modified to express human dopamine transporter reduces alcohol consumptionTom N Grammatopoulos
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, 12800 East 19th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Stem Cell Res Ther 1:36. 2010..We reasoned that reducing extracellular DA levels, by engrafting into NAC DA-sequestering stem cells expressing hDAT, would alter alcohol intake...
- Ethanol-induced phosphorylation and potentiation of the activity of type 7 adenylyl cyclase. Involvement of protein kinase C deltaEric J Nelson
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 278:4552-60. 2003..Immunoprecipitation data indicated that PKCdelta could bind and directly phosphorylate AC7. The results indicate that the potentiation of AC7 activity by ethanol involves phosphorylation of AC7 that is mediated by PKCdelta...
- A sex-specific role of type VII adenylyl cyclase in depressionLisa M Hines
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Neurosci 26:12609-19. 2006..Collectively, our results demonstrate a sex-specific influence of the AC7 gene on a heritable form of depressive illness...
- Isoform-specific enhancement of adenylyl cyclase activity by n-alkanolsJinghong Kou
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:1467-72. 2007..These findings suggest that the target of ethanol's action in the cAMP-generating system is AC. However, it is unknown if the action of ethanol is direct or indirect...