J C Patterson
Affiliation: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Potential value of quantitative analysis of cerebral PET in early cognitive declineJames C Patterson
Department of Psychiatry, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71106, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 23:586-92. 2008..A sensitive and objective method for detection of positron emission tomography abnormalities may have value in early detection of Alzheimer's disease...
- Cerebellar perfusion abnormalities correlated with change in cognitive and affective state in a 78-year-old manJ C Patterson
Department of Psychiatry, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71103, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 9:309-14. 2001..The author summarizes possible mechanisms for these flow changes and gives a brief review of recent literature on the involvement of the cerebellum in cognition...
- Neuropsychological performance, impulsivity, and comorbid psychiatric illness in patients with pathological gambling undergoing treatment at the CORE Inpatient Treatment CenterJames C Patterson
Department of Psychiatry, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1501 Kings Highway, Shreveport, LA 71103, USA
South Med J 99:36-43. 2006..Our goal was to examine brain function with neurocognitive tasks that target these brain regions in patients with pathologic gambling...
- Task-independent functional brain activity correlation with skin conductance changes: an fMRI studyJames C Patterson
Laboratory of Brain and Cognition, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Neuroimage 17:1797-806. 2002..From these data, SCR appears to be a marker of a network that is active during, but independent of, the task being studied...
- Reduced presynaptic dopamine activity in fibromyalgia syndrome demonstrated with positron emission tomography: a pilot studyPatrick B Wood
Department of Family Medicine and Anesthesiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Shreveport, Shreveport, LA 71103, USA
J Pain 8:51-8. 2007..Although the small sample size makes these findings preliminary, it appears that FMS might be characterized by a disruption of dopaminergic neurotransmission...
- Insular hypometabolism in a patient with fibromyalgia: a case studyPatrick B Wood
Department of Family Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Shreveport, Louisiana 71103, USA
Pain Med 9:365-70. 2008..Neuroimaging studies have demonstrated differential involvement of a variety of brain centers in fibromyalgia both at baseline and in response to stimulation. The insular cortex is one such structure...
- Simultaneous demonstration of metabolic lesions consistent with Alzheimer disease and brain metastases on FDG-PET imagingAmol M Takalkar
PET Imaging Center, Biomedical Research Foundation of Northwest Louisiana, Shreveport, Louisiana, USA
Clin Nucl Med 33:438-40. 2008
- Hippocampal metabolite abnormalities in fibromyalgia: correlation with clinical featuresPatrick B Wood
Department of Family Medicine, LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana, USA
J Pain 10:47-52. 2009..681, P = .018). Our results indicate that fibromyalgia is associated with brain metabolite abnormalities within the right hippocampus that correlate with patient symptoms...
- Changes in hippocampal metabolites after effective treatment for fibromyalgia: a case studyPatrick B Wood
Department of Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Psychiatry, LSU Health Sciences Center, Biomedical Research Institute of NW Louisiana, Shreveport, USA
Clin J Pain 25:810-4. 2009..Basic science has demonstrated the hippocampus to be exquisitely sensitive to the effects of stressful experience, which results in changes including alterations in metabolite content and frank atrophy...
- How available is positron emission tomography in the United States?James C Patterson
Mol Imaging Biol 7:197-200. 2005..To some, however, the perception exists that PET is not available as a resource in their community. Our goal with this project was to determine how available clinical PET was in the United States...
- Endophenotypes in Family Members of SchizophrenicsJames Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2004..We predict that the degree of poor performance will be related to the amount of abnormal brain activity in the patients and affected relatives, and that regional connectivity will be proportionately disturbed as well. ..