Stephen A Morse
Affiliation: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- End-stage renal disease in young black males in a black-white population: longitudinal analysis of the Bogalusa Heart StudyPaul Muntner
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
BMC Nephrol 10:40. 2009..g., hypertension) also increase the risk of renal disease. However, the importance of childhood risk factors on the development of chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease (ESRD) is not well characterized...
- The obesity paradox and cardiovascular diseaseStephen A Morse
Section of Nephrology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 12:120-6. 2010....
- Hypertension and the metabolic syndromeStephen A Morse
Section of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112 2822, USA
Am J Med Sci 330:303-10. 2005....
- The heart in obesity-hypertensionStephen A Morse
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Section of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 3:647-58. 2005....
- Obesity, hypertension, and the heartDavid Good
Department of Cardiology, Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, LA 70121, USA
J Cardiometab Syndr 3:168-72. 2008..Among other things, adipocyte-related hormonal activity and resistance to feedback mechanisms are associated with increased plasma volume and increased sympathetic tone...
- Effect of the HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor rosuvastatin on early chronic kidney injury in obese zucker rats fed with an atherogenic dietEfrain Reisin
Section of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Internal Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Am J Med Sci 338:301-9. 2009..The statin also attenuated the inflammatory expression in the kidney cortex...
- Hypertension in chronic dialysis patients: pathophysiology, monitoring, and treatmentStephen A Morse
Section of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Louisianna State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, USA
Am J Med Sci 325:194-201. 2003..If this approach is unsuccessful, an array of antihypertensive medications are available to help control blood pressure in patients with ESRD...