Affiliation: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Towards novel anti-cancer strategies based on cystatin functionDaniel Keppler
Department of Cellular Biology and Anatomy and Feist Weiller Cancer Center, School of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, 1501 Kings Highway, P O Box 33932, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
Cancer Lett 235:159-76. 2006..Based on the present understanding of cystatin function, novel avenues for anti-cancer strategies are proposed...
- Role of cystatins in tumor neovascularizationDaniel Keppler
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Department of Cellular Biology and Anatomy and Feist Weiller Cancer Center, School of Medicine, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
Future Oncol 1:661-72. 2005..Special emphasis is given to their potential role as novel anti-angiogenic agents...
- The candidate tumor suppressor CST6 alters the gene expression profile of human breast carcinoma cells: down-regulation of the potent mitogenic, motogenic, and angiogenic factor autotaxinJin Song
Department of Cellular Biology and Anatomy, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:175-82. 2006..This study thus provides the first evidence that CST6 plays a role in the modulation of genes, particularly, genes that are highly relevant to breast cancer progression...
- Cystatin m: a novel candidate tumor suppressor gene for breast cancerJun Zhang
Department of Cellular Biology and Anatomy, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130 3932, USA
Cancer Res 64:6957-64. 2004..Immunohistochemical studies confirmed that expression of cystatin M in IDCs was partially or completely lost. We propose cystatin M as a novel candidate tumor suppressor gene for breast cancer...
- Cystatin M suppresses the malignant phenotype of human MDA-MB-435S cellsRavi Shridhar
Department of Pharmacology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Oncogene 23:2206-15. 2004..This study provides the first evidence that cystatin M may play important roles in safeguarding against human breast cancer...
- Methylation-dependent silencing of CST6 in primary human breast tumors and metastatic lesionsAshley G Rivenbark
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 83:188-97. 2007..Overall, the results of the current investigation suggest that methylation-dependent epigenetic silencing of CST6 represents an important mechanism for loss of CST6 during breast tumorigenesis and/or progression to metastasis...
- Inactivation of the cystatin E/M tumor suppressor gene in cervical cancerMysore S Veena
Department of Surgery, VAGLAHS David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles 90073, CA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 47:740-54. 2008..We conclude, therefore, that cystatin E/M is a cervical cancer suppressor gene and that the gene is inactivated by somatic mutations and promoter hypermethylation...