Ronald L Horswell
Affiliation: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Use of the emergency department for less-urgent care among type 2 diabetics under a disease management programShang Jyh Chiou
Department of Health Care Administration, College of Health Science, Asia University, 500, Lioufeng Road, Wufeng, Taichung County 41354, Taiwan
BMC Health Serv Res 9:223. 2009....
- A staged management diabetes foot program versus standard care: a 1-year cost and utilization comparison in a state public hospital systemRonald L Horswell
Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 3849 North Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA 70806, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 84:1743-6. 2003..To determine whether staged management of foot ulcers reduces health care costs and utilization...
- Disease management programs for the underservedRonald Horswell
Louisiana State University Health Care Services Division, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70821 1308, USA
Dis Manag 11:145-52. 2008..To ensure appropriate treatment, patients are able to enroll in the Medication Assistance program. This largely improves adherence to medications for those patients unable to afford them otherwise...
- Diabetes mellitus medication assistance program: relationship of effectiveness to adherenceRonald L Horswell
Statistical Analysis, Louisiana State University Health Care Services Division, Baton Rouge, LA 70821, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 19:677-86. 2008..88% improvement in HbA1c. Further study is needed to investigate factors related to non-adherence within medication assistance programs and the effect of such programs on other patient outcomes...
- Mortality benefit of a comprehensive heart failure disease management program in indigent patientsKathy A Hebert
Leonard J Chabert Medical Center, Houma, LA, USA
Am Heart J 151:478-83. 2006..The objective of this study was to determine whether participation in an HFDM program would reduce mortality in an indigent population from rural Louisiana...
- Factors influencing acceptance of influenza vaccination given in an EDWilliam Cassidy
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Earl K Long Medical Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70805, USA
Am J Emerg Med 27:1027-33. 2009..Immunization factors were month, comorbidity, and not being pregnant. Factors associated with suboptimal acceptance and receipt should be addressed in future efforts...
- Weight loss maintenance following a primary care intervention for low-income minority womenPamela D Martin
Family Medicine Residency, Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:2462-7. 2008..Women demonstrated weight regain at the 18-month follow-up assessment, suggesting that more intensive follow-up in the primary care setting may be needed to obtain successful long-term weight loss maintenance...
- Perceived barriers to diabetic eye care: qualitative study of patients and physiciansM Elizabeth Hartnett
Department of Ophthalmology, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7040, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 123:387-91. 2005..To address inadequate retinopathy screening at a largely indigent clinic and to explore perceived barriers, using qualitative techniques...