Affiliation: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Carotid plaque and intima-media thickness assessed by b-mode ultrasonography in subjects ranging from young adults to centenariansS Homma
Department of Internal Medicine, Kugayama Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Stroke 32:830-5. 2001....
- Antitumor effect of immunizations with fusions of dendritic and glioma cells in a mouse brain tumor modelY Akasaki
Department of Neurosurgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunother 24:106-13. 2001..These data support the therapeutic efficacy of combining FC-based vaccine therapy and rIL-12...
- Cancer immunotherapy using dendritic/tumour-fusion vaccine induces elevation of serum anti-nuclear antibody with better clinical responsesS Homma
Department of Oncology, Institute of DNA Medicine, Jikei University School of Medicine, Nishi Shimbashi, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 144:41-7. 2006..Elevated serum levels of ANA after DC/tumour-fusion cell vaccine might be associated with anti-tumour immune response induced by the vaccination...
- Results of a phase I clinical trial of vaccination of glioma patients with fusions of dendritic and glioma cellsT Kikuchi
Department of Oncology, The Institute of DNA Medicine, Jikei University, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Immunol Immunother 50:337-44. 2001..we were unable to establish a statistically significant treatment-associated response rate, due to the limited sample population. Therefore, further evaluation of the role of adjuvant cytokines is necessary...
- Antigenic stimulation with cytochrome P450 2J expressed in mouse hepatocellular carcinoma cells regulates host anti-tumour immunityS Homma
Departments of Oncology, Institute of DNA Medicine, Jekei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 156:344-52. 2009....
- Preventive antitumor activity against hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) induced by immunization with fusions of dendritic cells and HCC cells in miceS Homma
Department of Internal Medicine, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol 36:764-71. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: These results demonstrate that immunization with fusions of DCs and HCC cells is capable of inducing preventive antitumor immunity against HCC...
- Histopathological modifications of early atherosclerotic lesions by risk factors--findings in PDAY subjectsS Homma
Department of Internal Medicine, Kugayama Hospital, 2 14 20, Kitakarasuyama, Setagaya Ku, 157 0061, Tokyo, Japan
Atherosclerosis 156:389-99. 2001..Smokers had less number of foam cells in both the arteries and more intensive intimal fibrosis in LAD than non-smokers. Our study suggests that there are several ways to advanced atherosclerotic lesions by risk factors...
- Activated natural killer T cells producing interferon-gamma elicit promoting activity to murine dendritic cell-based autoimmune hepatic inflammationM Nakano
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 170:274-82. 2012..Activated NK T cells producing IFN-γ potentiate DC-based AHI in the mouse model...
- Cancer immunotherapy by fusions of dendritic and tumour cells and rh-IL-12S Homma
Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Clin Invest 35:279-86. 2005..We conducted immunotherapy against various malignant tumours using the FCs and rhIL-12, and investigated the safety and efficacy of the therapy...
- Pseudoaldosteronism with increased serum cortisol associated with pneumonia, hypouricemia, hypocalcemia, and hypophosphatemiaA Onishi
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, Japan
Clin Nephrol 74:403-8. 2010..In this patient, the increased circulating cortisol associated with the stress of inflammation caused by pneumonia triggered the development of pseudoaldosteronism...
- Repeated administration of cytokines improve the ex-vivo generation of human dendritic cellsA Takeda
Dept. of Oncology, Institute of DNA Medicine, Jikei University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 23:617-23. 2004..As a prototype of cell therapy, the generation of DCs will require a titration of differentiation processes, depending on each individual's responsiveness to cytokines...
- Lipoprotein metabolism in Japanese centenarians: effects of apolipoprotein E polymorphism and nutritional statusY Arai
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Am Geriatr Soc 49:1434-41. 2001..To assess the complex interaction of apolipoprotein (apo) E polymorphisms and environmental factors on lipoprotein profile in centenarians...
- Effects of long-term, low-fat diet on plasma apo E in familial LCAT deficiencyS Homma
Department of Internal Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Nihon Jinzo Gakkai Shi 35:999-1006. 1993..A low-fat diet may be effective in correcting lipid abnormalities. Moreover, plasma apo E may be a good indicator of the efficacy of diet therapy...