Affiliation: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- A monoclonal antibody to tryptophan hydroxylase: applications and identification of the epitopeJohn W Haycock
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, LSUHSC BIOCHEM, 1100 Florida Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
J Neurosci Methods 114:205-12. 2002....
- Marked disparity between age-related changes in dopamine and other presynaptic dopaminergic markers in human striatumJohn W Haycock
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans 70119, USA
J Neurochem 87:574-85. 2003..This suggests that declines in DA-related function during adulthood and senescence may be explained by losses in DA per se as opposed to DAergic neuropil...
- Species differences in the expression of multiple tyrosine hydroxylase protein isoformsJohn W Haycock
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70119, USA
J Neurochem 81:947-53. 2002..The presence of four TH isoforms could only be demonstrated in human specimens. Contrary to previous suggestions, only one TH protein isoform was found in rats and only four TH protein isoforms were found in humans...
- Peptide substrates for ERK1/2: structure-function studies of serine 31 in tyrosine hydroxylaseJohn W Haycock
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1100 Florida Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
J Neurosci Methods 116:29-34. 2002....
- Striatal GDNF administration increases tyrosine hydroxylase phosphorylation in the rat striatum and substantia nigraMichael F Salvatore
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Center for Sensor Technology, and the Morris K Udall Parkinson s Disease Research Center of Excellence, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Neurochem 90:245-54. 2004....
- Activity-dependent phosphorylation of tyrosine hydroxylase in dopaminergic neurons of the rat retinaPaul Witkovsky
Departments of Ophthalmology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Neurosci 24:4242-9. 2004..Collectively, these data indicate that, in the retina, dopamine synthesis in varicosities is affected by the spiking activity of retinal neurons, possibly including that of the DA neurons themselves...
- Rat retinal dopaminergic neurons: differential maturation of somatodendritic and axonal compartmentsPaul Witkovsky
Department of Ophthalmology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Comp Neurol 481:352-62. 2005..Our study shows that the somatodendritic compartment of DA neurons matures before the DA axon terminals do. Maturation of DA axons during the third postnatal week corresponds to the period of onset of visual function...
- Enhancement of tyrosine hydroxylase phosphorylation and activity by glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factorNobuhide Kobori
The Vivian L Smith Center for Neurological Research, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX 77225, USA
J Biol Chem 279:2182-91. 2004..Our results indicate that, in addition to its role as a survival factor for dopaminergic neurons, GDNF can directly increase dopamine synthesis...
- Activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1 and 2 by depolarization stimulates tyrosine hydroxylase phosphorylation and dopamine synthesis in rat brainNiklas Lindgren
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 15:769-73. 2002....
- Differential trafficking of the vesicular monoamine transporter-2 by methamphetamine and cocaineEvan L Riddle
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, 30 South 2000 East, Rm 201 84112, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 449:71-4. 2002..These data suggest that psychostimulants acutely and differentially affect VMAT-2 subcellular localization...
- Acute administration of cocaine regulates the phosphorylation of serine-19, -31 and -40 in tyrosine hydroxylaseJakub P Jedynak
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, The National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Neurochem 82:382-8. 2002..These data suggest that the phosphorylation of serine-31 or -40, but not serine-19, is involved in the regulation of tyrosine hydroxylase activity by acute cocaine...
- Phosphorylation and activation of tryptophan hydroxylase 2: identification of serine-19 as the substrate site for calcium, calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IIDonald M Kuhn
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Neurochem 103:1567-73. 2007..Production of a specific antibody against the CaMKII phosphorylation site in TPH2 represents a valuable tool to advance the study of the mechanisms regulating the function of this important enzyme...
- Lack of regulation of aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase in intact bovine chromaffin cellsJack C Waymire
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, Texas, USA
J Neurochem 81:589-93. 2002..Thus, that AADC can be phosphorylated and activated in vitro has questionable physiological significance...
- Identification of tyrosine hydroxylase as a physiological substrate for Cdk5Janice W Kansy
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
J Neurochem 91:374-84. 2004..These results demonstrate direct and indirect regulation of the phosphorylation state of a Cdk5/ERK1/2 site on TH and suggest a role for these pathways in the neuroadaptive changes associated with chronic cocaine exposure...
- Regulation of catecholamines by sustained and intermittent hypoxia in neuroendocrine cells and sympathetic neuronsAnna S Hui
Department of Genome Science, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0505, USA
Hypertension 42:1130-6. 2003..The effects of both types of hypoxia on expression of catecholaminergic enzymes in superior cervical neurons and adrenal glands were transient and small...
- Brain biopterin and tyrosine hydroxylase in asymptomatic dopa-responsive dystoniaYoshiaki Furukawa
Movement Disorders Research Laboratory, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Clarke Division, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Neurol 51:637-41. 2002..Our data suggest that the extent of striatal tyrosine hydroxylase protein loss may be critical in determining dopa-responsive dystonia symptomatology...
- Time-resolved and two-photon emission imaging microscopy of live cells with inert platinum complexesStanley W Botchway
Central Laser Facility, Science and Technology Facilities Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, Oxfordshire OX11 0QX, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:16071-6. 2008....